ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear lights aren't working properly.

c2 VTS
Okay, tonight i went to pick the mrs up from work, when i pulled up she said that my middle brake light is on, even though i wasnt braking.

I got out of the car to check and my rear lights and middle brake light were on. After i discovered this, i told her to check my brake lights and nothing happened, these three lights are literally stuck on whenever my engine is turned on. They are on regardless of whether my headlights are turned on or off.

The brakes have no affect on the lights at all, and my other two brake lights don't work. I'd also like to point out that since this has happened the horn isn't working neither.

Any help would be great as i know nothing about cars.

Thanks

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
take the lights off on the back and look on the connection were the plug connect to the light, if theres rust, clean it, that should sort the problem :)

Happend to me, things went more hecting on mine tho indicators came on when brakes pressed, revers coming on when driving ffs was mental, until i cleaned the rust :D

c2 VTS
Thanks for the suggestions guys, turns out i'd ripped the cable out above my foot for the brake lights, just connected it back together and everything was fine.