ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear Pretensioner Question

'02 172ff
Since the drivers airbag deployed in my 172ff after a pot hole incident, the rear seat belt is locked in place. It looks like the Pretensioner. Does the pretensioner/seatbelt reel need to be replaced or does it reset with the ECU is reset?
Thanks in advance.
Nick

Needs replaced bud. One there fired that's them knackered really. Did you find somewhere to reset the airbag computer? There are companies online that do it if you havn't as Renault will want to sell you a new one as most places will tell you once there is crash data stored it can't be erased.

I might have a rear seat belt with pretensioner though not sure think I maybe sold it can check if you need one.

'02 172ff
I thought that would be the case. If you have a drivers side rear belt for sale I would be interested. Thanks for the info.
Nick

Hi Nick, Sorry to take so long to get back to you. I found one tonight took me a while to work out what side it is had a good check and it is a drivers side rear with pretensioner it's a black seatbelt is that what you were after? Give me a pm if you like.