ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear Shock Lower Bolt

Mcbudge

ClioSport Club Member
Hi guys, first post and unfortunately after some advice!
Just went to change my rear shocks, the passengers side was stiff, but did undo! I think it may have still been the original shock, but it was completely broken! I came to do the passenger side and the bolt is as stiff as anything, wont budge! The shock has been replaced before and by the looks of it the bolt isnt screwed in fully, so im assuming that it is probably cross threaded!
Anyway, long story short, im after the bolt size of the rear shock lower bolt so i can order one and get a tap sorted just in case it is cross threaded! Also is it any particular type, as in 8.8/10.9 etc!
any help will be great!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Not sure of the bolt length - though if I recall from when I did it, the bolt was 18mm and the top bolt was 16mm.

Make sure you cake the affected bolt in WD40 or similar - it may just be stuck with crap build-up.

Alternatively - sign up and become a member on here. There are loads of guides on here in the ClioSport Guides section.

Mcbudge

ClioSport Club Member
I think your referring to the head sizes, i used a 16 mm spanner for the top and an 18mm for the bottom! Ive read somewhere on here the bottom is an m12 fine but i wanted to double check and hopefully find out a length!
In regards to signing up, that was my next job on the list