ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear shockers OEM

AAS'D RB 182
I fitted new genuine rear shockers to my 182 14 months ago and looked under car today and one is leaking oil everywhere already. Is this normal? I no i havent hit any big potholes so surely they should last longer? It is lowerec on sportlines but even so i would have thought they were good for longer than 14 months?

Your thoughts would be great.

Cheers

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
As OE genuine renault items i would guess they should last a lot longer than 14months.

But as you know not everything can be 100% all of the time. Are you sure that you can not hit something ?

Usually a years warranty on parts and labour .

Renault genuine shocks are only expected to last 20k max so maybe 14 months isn't so bad.

I remember struggling to get rear shocks under warranty when owning clio 182 from new

Don't be silly ? My friend works for Renault warranty I think Renault are well aware of how long to expect from shocks and how many they had back in workshop for shOckies under 20 k .

Genuine rear shocks don't last long !!

AAS'D RB 182
does anyone think i have a chance if i call dealer i got them from? ive had car 4 years and only done 20k in that time so they have prob only covered just over 5k. and def not hit anything. nothing bad anyway.