ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

rear speaker sizes on a clio 2001-2002 dynimique

ok today decided to wash the car and after decided to look at the factory speakers in the clio, shock horror, how basic!!!! thought it would be much better.

anyway, i know what the fronts speakers sizes are 5" but not too sure bout the rear, some ppl say its the same 5" and some say its 10cm, so not too sure and its a b4s7ard to measure the rear so need to some some one to tell me.

cheers phil

Ad

MK2 FRS

Cheers, I wanted to know this as well. The back speakers sound awful on mine. Are these any different to the fronts??? As Im not sure whether to replace both.

The rear speakers are cheaper looking they are dual cone, ie. one magnet with a tweeter cone sitting on top of the woofer cone, whereas the fronts are woofer only with tweeters on the dash for better sound seperation and thats why they sound better!!!

Ad

MK2 FRS

So what do you recommend to replace them with as i have a total lack of understanding as far as car audio is concerned. I have a Sony Mindisc (MDX-M690)and changer (CDX 848X0 btw.

well i recommend replacing the back speakers with 13cm coaxiles. fit components to the front (couldnt be ringed cos im lazy). get a good amp and power your components. then get a decent size sub.

www.caraudiodirect.com...wealth of free info