ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

rear spoilers.....discuss......lol

clio dci 100
What different rear spoilers where fitted to mk2 phase 2 clios (genuine renault parts, 182, cup etc)?

anyone got any pics of the different spoilers please?

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Heres a pic of my old mk2 172 standard spoiler and a pic of my 182 cup spoiler . The 182 is slightly smaller and smooth , whereas the 172 is slightly longer and has ridge across the top .

The cup spoiler " allegedly" creates 30% more down force than the standard spoiler .

172spoilerLargeMedium.jpg

182cupspoilerLargeMedium.jpg

Sorry about the crap pics .

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
MRBILLYUK said:
Heres a pic of my old mk2 172 standard spoiler and a pic of my 182 cup spoiler . The 182 is slightly smaller and smooth , whereas the 172 is slightly longer and has ridge across the top .

The cup spoiler " allegedly" creates 30% more down force than the standard spoiler .

172spoilerLargeMedium.jpg

182cupspoilerLargeMedium.jpg

Sorry about the crap pics .

30% PMSL, who told you that. Mayb 3%

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Ali said:
30% PMSL, who told you that. Mayb 3%

It used to be on Renaults website , when the 182's and cups were available .

It said that the cup rear spoiler produced around 25-30% more down force and the front spoiler created 12% less drag :rasp:

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
lewba said:
will it be the same as my standard spoiler or will there be a noticable differance?

It'll look like a silver cup spoiler. If you look at the pictures you can see what it looks like.

Civic Type-R
Wont be the same as the standard spoiler. Has an up-sweep to it unlike the standard one. Looks far nicer IMO. Heres a picture of a Cup Spoiler on mine :)

mycliomu5.jpg

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
MRBILLYUK said:
It used to be on Renaults website , when the 182's and cups were available .

It said that the cup rear spoiler produced around 25-30% more down force and the front spoiler created 12% less drag :rasp:

I love renault press...

Mayb they should fire a cup spoiler/splitter on the current F1 car ;)

Civic Type-R
lewba said:
ok, do they do the cup in arctic blue?
how much can you pick one up 4?

They are £150 from renault. You will need to get it sprayed though. I thought I prefered the 172 Spoiler to begin with, but after getting the Cup one I much prefer that. The red brake light matches the rear lights which is nice :)

cock mobile.
lewba said:
will it look stupid if i put a cup spoiler on a 1.6 clio?

It would nice, despite what anyone says about the drag or downforce figures, the Cup spoiler suits the car best and therefore worth getting.

imo of course.

cock mobile.
lewba said:
whats the differance between all the spoilers and would a v6 spoiler look to big on my little 1.6!

V6 one is bigger as you would expect.

IMO the Cup one is a perfect size, V6 one looks ok on the Trophy as it has the wider arches, skirts etc, on a standard 1.6 would look wrong.

from Trophy 2 work van :(
Look at a pic of a trophy on another thread, the v6 spoiler doesn't look 2 big at all imo, not sure what it would look like on a 1.6...

1.6 16v
i think ill just go for the cup spoiler!
or do i save my money and buy a trophy?how much are they going for?

cock mobile.
lewba said:
hmmmmm, tempting! i am trying to save for a bmw 3 series convertable thou!!!!

That's a completely different car so depends on what you want from a car.

I see lots of young guys in 318 convertables and I must say, they all look the same, three mates in the car all trying to "pimp" it up, quite funny really.

I've taken a vow never to buy a BMW until I can afford an M powered one.

1.6 16v
thats what i want lol, insurance wont allow it! maybee wait a few years!
where do i go to find out about them wheels off the sport 172/182?

cock mobile.
lewba said:
thats what i want lol

:nono: :slap:

It's about the drive, not the posing!

lewba said:
where do i go to find out about them wheels off the sport 172/182?

What do you want to know, search in Exterior and Mechancial.

Sorry for the thread hi-jack btw leeroy think we pushed it a bit of course... :eek:

Burgandy 174 sport t
v6 spoiler al the way, I have 172 wheels for sale too.

Attachments

• v6 spoiler.JPG
    v6 spoiler.JPG
    436.5 KB · Views: 90
  Audi TT
Well now you've asked I'm interested to know how much a V6/trophy spoiler would cost from Renault. Might ring tomorrow

G

Audi TT
ha ha. Renault are useless. They can't give me a price without a Trophy registration number or VIN!?!

Anyone got a reg to try?

G.