ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear Suspension

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Well as i have every polybush for the RS 1*2 i thought i would sort out the easy ones.
Or what i thought was the easy ones.
Kept telling myself its 2 nuts and 2 bolts but yet the all got the better of me.

Rear shock bushes are stuffed as you can see and whole doing this i snapped the bolt and found that my reasr are leaking badly so come tomorrow i will order up 2 new bolts and 2 sachs rear shock.

RearSuspension01.jpg

RearSuspension02.jpg

RearSuspension03.jpg

RearSuspension04.jpg

RearSuspension05.jpg

RearSuspension06.jpg

RearSuspension07.jpg

RearSuspension08.jpg

RearSuspension09.jpg

RearSuspension010.jpg

RearSuspension011.jpg

RearSuspension012.jpg

RearSuspension013.jpg

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Not tempted by a set of Koni's for the rear Marc?

Want to stay OE if possible so today I ordered two new rear Sachs from Renault VOR, I need to wait 10 days before I can phone RUK and find out how long these will take as they are back order from France so could be waiting months .

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Poly Bush mounts from eBay

I love my Koni, it's great being able to tweak them

Bought from my work for £11.80
I might go down the route of Konis at a later date but just now I'm sticking with OE Sachs

My shock bolt's snapped in the rear beam on the Trophy too.

Welded a nut to them and they came out no bother, the heat must have loosened it up a bit.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
My shock bolt's snapped in the rear beam on the Trophy too.

Welded a nut to them and they came out no bother, the heat must have loosened it up a bit.

This is exactly what I'm going to be doing this sunday, Popping a bolt on it and then heating the mofo up till its glowing white

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
ive had a pair of rear sachs on order for 6 months too 😧 mine havnt started leaking yet but they are passed there best

Who you got them on order with ?
After 10 days you can call Renault UK and start to ask questions.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Even tho my rear shocks are dead and i have a new set on order from Renault i decided to use the best of the two old ones to check out the fitting of the rear bush's

RearSuspension017.jpg

RearSuspension018.jpg

RearSuspension020.jpg

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Did RUK give you any update on your rear dampers?

Yeah they have, They are on back order from the factory and no date given from dieppe either but i have been put to the highest priority for them above other people waiting.
RUK told me there was 7 people waiting on these dampers and i have been put to the top above them as i have a high priority with my car now being off the road. Im getting a call back from them between 5th & 9th Jan with an update as it has been pushed further and RUK need to now contact a manager from the parts side in france.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
I bet everyone gets that speech 'youll be put at the top of the waiting list' lol :)

Thats what i thought and then i brought up the fact that these could be Red Tagged from dieppe which mains a lot more than just getting them VOR'd

i better give them a phone lol!

I would and i would keep on top of them and push them to get these.
I have stressed that i must have my car to get too & from work and I'm now without it, They have said that if it was in a Renault Garage they would provide me with a car but as its not they are trying there best to get these ASAP

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Well got board with the rear sachs just sitting and as they will be getting binned when my new ones arrive i thought i would spray them and build the car back up with the polybushes.

As you will see from the pictures above they where rotten anyway.

RearSuspension021.jpg

RearSuspension022.jpg

RearSuspension023.jpg

RearSuspension024.jpg

RearSuspension025.jpg

RearSuspension026.jpg