ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear View Mirror

JRK

Cliosport 182
The rear view mirror on my 54 plate clio 182 is loose. It's not the ball and socket joint - that's snug. It's loose where the whole ball joint bracket (black plastic) attaches to the metal bit that's stuck to the window just below the rain sensor. Is the mirror bracket removable/replaceable, and is the job difficult? I've heard of people breaking the windscreen.

Am a complete novice but think it can't be that difficult and don't want a garage to rip me off for this.

Jim

Last edited by a moderator:

JRK

Cliosport 182
Had a further look into this - appear to have solved it.

Turns out that the black plastic ball joint bracket that holds the mirror slots in a downward direction onto the metal piece that's stuck to the windscreen. I had to remove the cover on the rain sensor (just above mirror) then used a screwdriver for leverage against the rain sensor unit to force the black plastic ball joint bracket for the mirror further down on the metal piece that's stuck to the window.

Appears to have worked.

Hope this is useful to somebody someday!
Jim