ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 - Rear View Mirror Removal.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
I've bought a new rear view/interior mirror to replace the wavey one in my 182. Only problem is, I cant get the old one off! 17 year old Jason broke a windscreen on a car doing this, so im a bit wary.

It would appear that the mirror+Mount slide up off the windscreen, but theres a rain sensor in the way!

Any tips/tricks? I tried searching the forums, seems a few people have asked this but no answers!

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
can't assist with original query but where did you source new mirror and is it complete unit and genuine?

If its the same as my 172 which i guess it would be. its attached by a slide bracket, which slides upwards, as in slides towards the roof.

I do seem to remember having to remove some sort of module which was blocking me from sliding it off. Remove the module, slide it off, put new one on, then reattach module.

Renault clio 2003
Can anyone recommend a rear view mirror that will attach to the rain sensor? It's currently got a cover cap over. Renault clio 2003