ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

reasonable handling in wet

im interested in some cheap tires that handle reasonably well in wet. any recommendations? (195/45 R15)

i know this it the nth incarnation of this question... but, you know, new tyre models go in production every day :)

indeed, go to 195/50s and get toyo t1rs or t1ss. Thats what I run and despite what some claim the wet handlign is astoundign as is dry grip and they last well.

Also they are quiet in the road noise stakes.

well i have a problem
i planned to lower the car but because i live in the countryside (bosnia) some roads wouldnt tolerate going any lower

so im looking for a tyre/wheel combination that wouldnt lower or higher my car, and the 195/45 R15 seem perfect

also, the TOYO proxes T1-R seem perfect to me

I wouldnt recomend toyo t1rs I find them poor both in grip and feel.
However they are cheap.
Id personally pay the extra for F1s

Mk2 Ph1 1.2 8v

curious to know what tyre pressures people run on the T1-Rs if theres such a mixed opinion on them. Same goes for the A539s.

Quote: Originally posted by Friction on 06 August 2005
curious to know what tyre pressures people run on the T1-Rs if theres such a mixed opinion on them. Same goes for the A539s.

Ive run a variety an thats on both the Williams an Mk2 dci.
I should say Im compairing them to contoies which I think are superb.

any toyos tyres will only last about 10k on the front.

They are fitted to wheel and tyre packages for a reason! no doubt they hold VERY well, but pay a bit more for a goodyear eagle f1, and youll get better grip, and longer lasting

Toyos are poor IMO - pretty good grip in the dry (tho ive had better for cheaper) but appalling in the wet.

Mk2 Ph1 1.2 8v

my mate is now running the T1-Rs on his mk4 golf and cant fault them so far. Having said that, its not rained yet...

Lionel Richie

Quote: Originally posted by EVOgone on 07 August 2005

Quote: Originally posted by Fred2001Dynamic on 07 August 2005

EVOgone by far the gayist
Oh Fred, wake up and smell the coffee...........:D
*inhales* oooh ive perked up, right off down the pub to see what drink is the best

BMW 320d Sport

Eagle F1s, always. Get a 45 profile if you must, but something like a 195/50R15 is always going to be at a knock down price cos its a much more common size, and the extra 5% on the profile wont make a great deal of difference.