ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Receipts - am i sad?

Today i sat and found every receipt i have for the car since i have owned it (not long, Jan 3rd). I've found copies for parts I've ordered off ebay and printed the receipts out for them. I've got everything from bulbs to oil that I've done. I also have plenty of service and other ones from the past owners that i got in a pile when i got the car. I neatly placed them each in plastic wallets and placed them in date order in their own categories.

Registration/Tax, Insurance, MOT, Service & General Items.

oh and on each section title page i have put the date of when next items are due such as tax / insurance. Service including next cambelt mileage or year and so on :eek:

i am sad aren't i, my friends say i am but i'm quite proud of it... i think!

Punto/Clio GTT
keeping the receipts aint sad, good for when you're selling, but the putting them in alphabetical order and writing when everything is due is certainly a bit of an anorak thing to do tbh

do you label things in the fridge too? write on eggs with a marker?

There's nothing wrong with being organised, I've got a separated file for MOT docs, insurance docs, receipts, servicing etc. Nothings really organised as such though.

Doesnt take too long to sort it all out really, I wish i was more on top of it because I now have tax and MOT by the end of the week, then £800ish to find in a month and a half for insurance on top of other savings.

If I had have been more sorted I would have more time to save and not been f**ked.

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
Just dont add them up

This is VERY good advise, in fact, throw all your calculators in the bin ASAP.

We've kind of got all you car receipt/document hoarders in mind with this years renewal pack. Although the size of the documents folder we've got for you might not be big enough for everyone!

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
I've done this with most cars, helps keep a track of everything properly.
Although I'm probably a bit worse as I've got it on excel so it's easier to look at when selling too!!

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
I'm exactly the same, I file all the invoices (mainly Renault dealer) in date order, I keep the service and MOT slips separate to parts invoices BUT keep them all in 1 folder. I have a draw dedicated to all my paperwork i.e credit card, bank statements in separated labelled folders so I know if I need anything they're easy to find. I call it organised :eek:

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Not sad for keeping them all.

I always keep them for every car I have had, even if its just a couple of bolts.

Threw a bin bag full of receipts out for my 2nd car after I wrote off.

330i. E30 Touring.
keeping the receipts aint sad, good for when you're selling, but the putting them in alphabetical order and writing when everything is due is certainly a bit of an anorak thing to do tbh

do you label things in the fridge too? write on eggs with a marker?

LOL. Word of advice.

Egg shellz are porous. You'll haz an omelette tasting like ink.

;)

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
I have every reciept for mine since new and FSH , ive had it 10 years next month !!!

AK

M240i
I did have all previous tax discs stapled to their reminders and all service info in date order.

Didn't keep receipts for bulbs though.

Howell

ClioSport Club Member
  172, Crafter, A3
i've got a folder full of receipts for every little thing and MOT's, even got old insurance certificates in there.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I'm useless with receipts as I just put them somewhere then cant find it and they all end up jumbled in a pile.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
I have a folder full, but stuff that's just receipts gets bunged in there, probably loosely in date order as I just add new stuff to the top but its not organised as such.

I do keep tax/mot and insurance docs in separate plastic wallet though for ease of access

320d
I've got a spreadsheet detailing all the money I've spent on my car on upgrades and servicing. I've had it since January and it's £995 lol

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
I've got a spreadsheet detailing all the money I've spent on my car on upgrades and servicing. I've had it since January and it's £995 lol

This. I gave up after I reacher 7k tho! Got depressing! Like Brian said throw your calculators away!

All my receipts are kept in a separate folder on my hotmail account from eBay etc. and all the physical receipts I have are in a folder here along with the documents etc. so not sad IMO. I'm even tempted to buy a printer to print off my online receipts and put them in my folder :eek:

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
I dare not add mine up tbh, and that's only the stuff accounted for, I buy a lot of used parts through forums with no paperwork, and I've been through 12 gearboxes I think now at an average of probably about 100 quid a pop

1.2 clio dynamique
My girlfriend takes the piss out of me for doing this, having said that she also takes the piss because i carry a fire extinguisher in the car so she clearly has no common sence

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
That's nothing. The previous owner of my dad's old car had not only kept the reciepts for all work, but had also logged every journey they had ever made in the car - start point, finish point, distance and odometer reading.

That's nothing. The previous owner of my dad's old car had not only kept the reciepts for all work, but had also logged every journey they had ever made in the car - start point, finish point, distance and odometer reading.
thats a bit too far..

2004 clio 182
I recently bought my '54' 182 from a local dude - he had the car since new! And i recieved a folder with every reciept for work done, parts, service, tax discs ect since the car was born! It really does inspire confidence if you do decide to sell on the car ;)