ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

recently joined! bedding in new engine!

F

frysport

hello all... i just joined after owning a clio 172 for six years lol.. my car is at k-tec at the mo having a new engine built along with alot of other mods! by the way i didnt intend in having a new engine when i left my car at k tec! but they found a few problems haha no not funny!!.. anyway will be picking my car up soon and need to drive about a 1000 miles to bed in the new engine before i take it back there for a full remap! a month with out my car has been too long ;)

Golf GTD Mk7
About 600miles staying under 4k, no more than half throttle, change oil/filter then it's ready to open up depending on the mods you are having done. Mapping might be needed before revving fully

F

frysport

hello there hope you are good :) i am having ktr throttle body kit with Gen90 ECU, ktr cams , decat, lightweight flywheel, bilstein b14 suspension, ktr top mounts, poly bushes front wishbone kit and anti roll bar kit, carbon rear strut brace, wilwood 4 pot brake kit with brembo max discs.. and a new engine.. life savings gone lol

F

frysport

yeah alot of money.. close to 8 grand i think.. it was either do up the car i love or get a new car or a deposit on a house! (gf hates me!).. i been working my ass off!! overtime! and fiddles on the side i havnt had many days off! but i think it will be worth all my hard work! :)

F

frysport

then maybe it could be a good race.. my car should be hitting 0-60 in the mid/low 5secs.. i dont think a remapped r26 would get much lower than that if lower at all.. i like r26 but i will prefer my NA engine clio :)

F

frysport

You'd need more than that to keep up with a mapped meg tbh. Ask em who their engine builder is (I'm curious)
i cant see a remapped r26 getting into the 4 secs region on 0 to 60 just from a remap.. but i could be wrong.. but with the mods im having and the power to weight i reckon i would terrorise it on a track.. but i could be wrong... i can can find out who is building my engine for you :)

F

frysport

i never said my car would be in the 4 second region!! i would need a big turbo or supercharger for that! but i know it will be in the 5 seconds region along with a remapped r26... by the way what do u think a remapped r26 0 - 60 would be?

F

frysport

Not if the R26 has stage 2 fitted ;)

Make sure k-tec don't fit the filter of death.
yeah if it had stage 2 fitted.. but then if i had a turbo added on its good bye.. plus i thought this was a cliosport club not megansport lol........... what is the filter of death?

F

frysport

just for the record... standard R26 weighs 1345kg 230BHP = 174 bhp/ton! with remap lets be generous and give it an extra 40bhp thats 204 bhp/ton!
my car weight 960kg with 210+bhp = 222 bhp/ton.... i think iv made my point ;)

Golf GTD Mk7
True, but don't forget the torque the megane has once mapped. Usually between 310-330lbft. That makes a difference ;)

Artic Blue 182 FF
Sounds awesome mate. Hope the car comes back all sorted. Chuck it round the track, your smile will go from ear to ear! A lot of dolar but its your money so go for it. Id hate to tot up the money that I have thrown at my car and that hasnt done much for the BHP increase. (some suspension, exhaust and some seats, brakes err ARB, mounts and Boooomm thats like 3k) Enjoy dude. All I can say is the Clio + Nurburgring... happiest session in car! Megane yawn!

340i
Oh dear... Another person to be charmed by the silver tongue of a salesman.

People spending that kind of money on a stripped out 172 are crazy.

You'll have it for 6 months, sort out all the problems / niggles and sell it for £3k

I would much rather have a comfortable, usable 300bhp Meganesport r26.... Oh waaaaaaa..

Clio 182 Trophy #229
I think its a bit unfair to tell someone who has just spent this money that it is a waste. If it was someone talking about doing it then that would be fine (like the telling off i got when mentioning tuning mine) but to say it after he has committed to doing it is a bit much.
It is his money and clearly this is what he wants. I would have saved up another couple of grand, sold my Clio and bought an R26.R but each to their own.
I hope it turns out well for you mate and you enjoy it as much as you think you will. It will certainly be one of the quickest Clio's about.

F

frysport

I think its a bit unfair to tell someone who has just spent this money that it is a waste. If it was someone talking about doing it then that would be fine (like the telling off i got when mentioning tuning mine) but to say it after he has committed to doing it is a bit much.
It is his money and clearly this is what he wants. I would have saved up another couple of grand, sold my Clio and bought an R26.R but each to their own.
I hope it turns out well for you mate and you enjoy it as much as you think you will. It will certainly be one of the quickest Clio's about.
cheers for the support mate.. anyone would of thought it was a cliosport site! oh yeah i forgot it is!! i thought i would of met like minded people on here, but theres alot of haters going on about fat meganes like they are the best cars in the world lol but i must say one of my favorite cars is the R26.R and my favorite is the GT3RS 4.0 i have based my car on these 2 with my carbon bonnet and i got carbon bucket seats stripped out rear with no radio and light weight wheels and other mods.. plus the stuff im having fitted.. i know for a fact it will be a weapon on the track so these haters dont bother me ;)... by the way have you been to the nurbergring yet?.. that is one of my dreams!

cheers for the support mate.. anyone would of thought it was a cliosport site! oh yeah i forgot it is!! i thought i would of met like minded people on here, but theres alot of haters going on about fat meganes like they are the best cars in the world lol but i must say one of my favorite cars is the R26.R and my favorite is the GT3RS 4.0 i have based my car on these 2 with my carbon bonnet and i got carbon bucket seats stripped out rear with no radio and light weight wheels and other mods.. plus the stuff im having fitted.. i know for a fact it will be a weapon on the track so these haters dont bother me ;)... by the way have you been to the nurbergring yet?.. that is one of my dreams!

you'll find all of the people saying the Megane's are the dogs b****cks actually own them, so they're kinda bias :)
hats off to you for spending so much money, but it wouldn't be me doing it!
get some pictures up!

Black 172
£8k for that, it's akin to seeing someone on a bridge threatening to jump imo, I feel like grabbing you and stopping you ;)
But it's your money, your choice of course... not surprised your gf wasn't happy though!

F

frysport

Oh dear... Another person to be charmed by the silver tongue of a salesman.

People spending that kind of money on a stripped out 172 are crazy.

You'll have it for 6 months, sort out all the problems / niggles and sell it for £3k

I would much rather have a comfortable, usable 300bhp Meganesport r26.... Oh waaaaaaa..

yes i am a bit crazy mate! and no salesman came to me, i knew exactly what i wanted and it wasnt a fat comfortable megane! if i wanted comfort i would drive my girlfriends car.. and i wont be selling it in 6 months and i dont give a sh*t if in the long run i sell it for £50! all i know soon i will be driving past all the fat r26 meganes on track days ;) peace!

F

frysport

C8.jpgC7.jpg these are the most recent pics of my car.

F

frysport

you'll find all of the people saying the Megane's are the dogs b****cks actually own them, so they're kinda bias :)
hats off to you for spending so much money, but it wouldn't be me doing it!
get some pictures up!
yeah i know alot of people wouldnt be spending this much on a clio 172.. i did think about getting other cars.. but i find it more fun to turn my car into a weapon on the track.. i just put a couple of pics up :)

F

frysport

You won't be driving past the K-tec sponsored R26 race car ;)

LOL i know it is a beast! but they had to spend alot of money on it to make it that good... standard r26's with remaps say goodbye