ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

recently new water pump fitted

I had it fitted a few hunded miles ago Problem is when the car is started from cold there is this churping noise, until it has warmed up. I know its the water pump belt coz it went back in the garage for a check up and they checked the fan belt and that was on tight enough, he said it was because it is new and it isnt a problem. I wouldnt say its getting worse but it is annoying me???.....

Clio 1.8 16v

i have got a wearing noise coming from that area how much was your water pump and cost to fit it?how did you know your pump had gone?

My car was running well hot and when i turned it off and got out there was all this water running out from under the car left it at that and got a tow to garage cost me 480 fitted!!!!!!! so expensive.......... i couldnt here no strange noises or anything now i just get this churping when cold like a fan belt noise but it aint the fan belt......

I did mention that to the garage when it went back in for its 150mile check but he said it was ok im due for a service in 500mile so i will ask them again. Does it sound like the belt justs needs tightening?