ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Recirculation flap stuck half way

Clio 182 ff
I've noticed the recirculation flap in my 182 gets stuck at the halfway mark. If I manually push it it moves easy and then will smoothly close perfectly by itself, but then get stuck again. Any ideas?

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
Might be a crack in the square hole that the actuator slots in so that it closes fine but can't get the flap up to open it fully.

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
You might be able to get the actuator loose via the opening where the recirculation flap sits but that will be a right pain (it's only two screws but they'll be hard to acces.

Alternatively you'd have to take the whole recirc/heater unit out but that also houses the evaporator so if you've got airconditioning it means getting that emptied first, then take half the car apart (it's not too bad to do to be honest if you follow the PMS ac delete guide) and then you might find the piece of plastic is fine.

I'll see if I've got some pics for you as I've had the whole thing out twice in the last couple of weeks.

Clio 182 ff
You might be able to get the actuator loose via the opening where the recirculation flap sits but that will be a right pain (it's only two screws but they'll be hard to acces.

Alternatively you'd have to take the whole recirc/heater unit out but that also houses the evaporator so if you've got airconditioning it means getting that emptied first, then take half the car apart (it's not too bad to do to be honest if you follow the PMS ac delete guide) and then you might find the piece of plastic is fine.

I'll see if I've got some pics for you as I've had the whole thing out twice in the last couple of weeks.
Brilliant that would be great thanks

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
Hmm can't seem to find them, I must not have taken as many photos as I remember.

Basically you take the heater/recirc/evaporator unit out of the scuttle and the plastic tube with square hole that might have cracked sits in the hole that's circled in red with the recirc opening through the bulkhead circled in green
20201105_130233~2.jpg

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
Ah right this is helpful, post nine shows the square hole that I mean! The actuator is screwed in with two screws

Clio 182 ff
Ah right this is helpful, post nine shows the square hole that I mean! The actuator is screwed in with two screws

Brilliant that is is thanks, I'm going to try tackle this tomorrow. Thanks for the help 👍