ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[DIY] Clio 2 - Replacing Recirculation Door Actuator

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Guess what I'm doing tomorrow, Ripping this sh1t out now that you have done this video.

Thank you so much

clio campus
Just unplug the actuator wiring plug connector and see if the clicking stops.

You're welcome.

clio campus
These procedures should be similar on a 2002 clio. I think that the actuator is the same although its 2-wire connector is different. If I remember correctly, the blower assembly is attached by 3 or 4 screws instead of 2.

My circulation works (I think), but sometimes when I turn my CC off, I get a gale blowing down on my feet. Would this be the cause if it is failing, or is there another flap?

clio campus
how did you get out the actuator?
Especially to access the bottom screw.

After removing the blower assembly, insert your hand into the hole where the fan was placed
(see the video at 2:27). Use your fingers to find out where the bottom screw is and to guide the
screwdriver to the screw.

PH1 172, E39
After removing the blower assembly, insert your hand into the hole where the fan was placed
(see the video at 2:27). Use your fingers to find out where the bottom screw is and to guide the
screwdriver to the screw.

I wish I had small hands..lol..I saw the actuator. Now I know what I am looking for to rectify the situation.
How much the actuator cost ya?

clio campus
My circulation works (I think), but sometimes when I turn my CC off, I get a gale blowing down on my feet. Would this be the cause if it is failing, or is there another flap?

There are other flaps that are accessible by removing the dash. But maybe it is normal. Perhaps another 182 owner could confirm us.

clio campus
Hi morgam23,

I know exactly what you're going through! I also have big hands :banghead: But it is not a big deal! Patience is the keyword! I received an used actuator as a gift from a buddy[FONT=arial, sans-serif]. [/FONT]:clap: So I don't know its price.

PH1 172, E39
Hi morgam23,

I know exactly what you're going through! I also have big hands :banghead: But it is not a big deal! Patience is the keyword! I received an used actuator as a gift from a buddy[FONT=arial, sans-serif]. [/FONT]:clap: So I don't know its price.

No worries.
I got the part number off Dialogys. I will send Adam an email to enquire the price. Looks like it is a dash off job since I dropped the bit adaptor..:(

There are other flaps that are accessible by removing the dash. But maybe it is normal. Perhaps another 182 owner could confirm us.

Pretty confident its not normal, as its an intermittent problem and never used to do it. Just wish I knew which flap it was.

clio campus
Is there any news morgam23? Using an angle socket wrench makes it easier.

Angle-Socket-Wrench-Large.jpg

clio campus
Hi H182,

Sorry, but I really don't know where the problem is. Maybe you may start checking whether the actuator under the cowl cover is working properly or not.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
I done mine today and my hands where ripped to bits.

The part itself costs £125.27+ VAT and the part number is 77 01 050 887.

I just ripped the wires out and rerouted the new cable as it was a pain to get the unit out.
what i used was a 6mm socket on the end of a screw driver like in the picture below.

ux_a13012500ux0140_ux_c.jpg

Here is my link to show where the small bolts are as i took a couple of pictures.

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?722286-Todays-Work-On-The-Trophy

clio campus
£125.27+ VAT? They are ripping off consumers :S On ebay an used actuator costs £30 or less! :clap:

If someone else tries to replace the actuator, I strongly recommend to use a 6mm angle socket wrench. It makes it easy to turn the screw. So that, your hands will thank you. :cool:

PH1 172, E39
Funny thing is that my 6mm end fell and is stuck in a place that I cannot get to it unless I pull apart the dashboard (top and bottom sections). The recirculating flap is closed for now.
Today I pressed the button and could hear the actuator moving and it wasn't doing that before.

clio campus
later :p ... now the video seems to work fine.

Here's a new video that shows more details about removing the screws of the recirculation flap motor. Please, watch the video and don't forget to raise the volume! :D If the video doesn't play here, you may follow this direct link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aPPRa7UNlA

Last edited by a moderator:
  clio campus
I just ripped the wires out and rerouted the new cable as it was a pain to get the unit out.

Maybe you should check the wires that were rerouted. It seems that the flap will not completely open because the wires will interfere. Also, check whether the wires are being crushed everytime the flap is open or not. At some point, they can be cut or may cause a short circuit.