ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

recomended RON 172?

i use 97 in mine from sainsburys.. i reckon its better than optimax, seem to get more miles out of her

BMW M3
I was thinking the other day... in over 2 years that ive owned my 182 and 38,000 miles later, i have only once put in non optimax/v-power fuel and that was only a tenners worth lol.

Was looking at my Shell plus point cards details on tinternet and its scary how much ive given to shell !! lol

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
yeah i thought it was odd, but no it deff says 98 RON :S
tbf i oply ever put vpower in as i get about 3 mpg more out of it than i do tesco fuel

Turbos.
Not as scientific as i'd like but i did a before and after R/R test at Bexley Motor Works before Christmas. Basically i used Texaco 95 one week and V Power the other week and there was a difference in power, torque and economy. Nothing amazing but the improved economy almost made up for the extra price anyway.

At the end of the day if Renault themselves recommend 98RON then it should make a slight difference.

ex-Fiat Coupe 20VT
I use V-Power in my 172. I don't know if it makes any difference as I've only had it 2 weeks, but I always ran my previous turbo on V-Power so I don't notice the price, it just goes in. On the Fiat it *really* did make a difference to power, if not economy, and I'd like to think the clever additives and detergents do their business too.

Having said that I am getting around 10mpg more from the Clio than I used to so I'm not dreading filling up as much. :)

Wav

ph1 172 + trackfd3s rx7
I use V-Power in my 172. I don't know if it makes any difference as I've only had it 2 weeks, but I always ran my previous turbo on V-Power so I don't notice the price, it just goes in. On the Fiat it *really* did make a difference to power, if not economy, and I'd like to think the clever additives and detergents do their business too.

Having said that I am getting around 10mpg more from the Clio than I used to so I'm not dreading filling up as much. :)

I'm getting double the economy compared to the 'other' car using 95ron so I'm happy :star: . I would never put in anything less than 97+ in a turbo charged petrol car though.

Paul

BMW E46 330i Touring
Normally use V-Power but I'm not particularly fussy what goes in the tank anymore. I used 95 back when prices went even crazier than usual and although economy was slightly down, it's wasn't a drastic difference.

172 cup'd extreme
the sticker on the petrol cap says 95 or 98 as they are the grades you can buy in france at the moment

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
that makes no sense.. its a UK model, its all written in english so why recomend a french fuel?

Scirocco GT 210
The sticker actually says "98 RON recommended", so it isn't essential, just a recommendation (that's what mine says anyway).

ex-Fiat Coupe 20VT
The handbook actually says that 95RON is acceptable in a 172 and 92RON (regular not premium unleaded) is ok for smaller engined Clios. That said, you can't buy regular over here as all cars are set to run on 95RON+ for emmision regulations. :)