ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

recomened me a non-SLR digi cam

Hi all,

As the title says really! I really like my mates Samsung NV20 as it's a great point and shoot cam with stunning quality pics, obviuosly not as good as an SLR, if i wanted an SLR I think i'd be going for the Nikon D40 as think they are amazing camera's.

Anyway if anyone has seen or used the Samsung NV20 can you recommend me something like it as they don't make these anymore.

Thanks in advance
Mark

2008 Clio 1.4 Dynamique
I dont know much about Samsung cameras but I can highly recommend FujiFilm cameras. Im on my 3rd Fuji camera now and I wouldnt bother with anything else :D

http://www.panasonic.co.uk/html/en_...MC-TZ5/DMC-TZ5+Product+Page/479303/index.html

P1000007.jpg

Mustang, S13, AX GT
  alien green rs133
i like our fuji s6900

yyts_1122616208.jpg

has that crazy screen thing on back

and takes nice pics (these just on auto setting :D)

18189064a7761046093o.jpg

18189064a7761045567o.jpg

18189064a7761046923o.jpg

then played with settings a bit, best i could get without a tripod :D

18189064a8939222048o.jpg

pics are good enough for me :D

Ian

Focus TDCi
I'm a big fan of Fuji aswell, I have a Fuji S5700 so its an SLR type point and shoot, the pictures are pretty close to as good as my D40.
http://www.jessops.com/online.store/categories/Cameras%20and%20Lenses/Digital%20Compact%20Cameras/products/Fujifilm/Finepix%20S5700%20(Silver)%20-50105/Show.html

A couple of pics shot with it from Rockingham...

I had one of these before I got the DSLR and I agree, they are very capable cameras. I paid around £175 for them in summer of 2007, so they're a bargain now. These are pretty poor by all accounts, but might come in useful.

2985686440_c3df416be8.png

2985689788_48d25fd41d.png

2978107790_7f0e418f9b.png

2978110980_fb8cbf02d8.png

Last edited:
Looks really good pics there lads even from a non slr cam! Can you recommened any of the accesories to go with them as I am really liking these!

2008 Clio 1.4 Dynamique
Mines the Fuji FinePix S9500, the predecessor to the S9600 and I love it. Its SLR style without the price tag :D Anyways, one thing that Id recommend investing in is a tripod. Most of my shots turn out ok but you can see some blurring from camera shake. The sensors are very sensitive so to get good clean pics you really need a steady platform like a tripod. And dont be afraid to experiment with all the presets and other settings. I discovered last night that theres a preset for low-light situations like underground car parks that allow you take decent shots without the need for the flash ;)

B

Brown.

Am waiting fot the panasonic tz7....12x opticalzoom :O thats lik enearly 400mm equivelent in slr lens.... 10 mp too

that or the new canon 12x op zoom

I used to have the Fuji S9500, its a cracking camera. Its basically a SLR, but you dont have to worry about different lenses. The zoom range is more than adequate for everyday use, and its got a high res sensor too. It is quite noisy though as the sensor is much smaller than SLRs.
You wont be disappointed with one!

AND I bought my Mum a Panasonic TZ5 for xmas. I took it when I went to Saudi, I was very impressed with it! Its got a mega zoom range and high res sensor, and its very compact. I would recommend that if you wanted something a bit smaller :)

Mustang, S13, AX GT
yup it looks a good price, maybe kelkoo the camera aswell Jessops isn't always the cheapest around...

Oil Burner
I like the way alot of people have gone for the largest non slr camera on the markets pretty much. Surely the point of a compact is it is compact, and the nv20 isnt a bridge camera.

My vote would be for a Sony, Canon or Panasonic Compact. The sony have some excellent internal zoom lenses and make some very compact cameras. Canon make excellent touch cameras that make sense. Panasonic do some excellent bridge cameras (if thats what your after) or some very nice little compact cameras too. The Lumix also seem to be built out of granite or some such as they never break down but do seem to weigh more than the rest of them.

B

Brown.

I like the way alot of people have gone for the largest non slr camera on the markets pretty much. Surely the point of a compact is it is compact, and the nv20 isnt a bridge camera.

My vote would be for a Sony, Canon or Panasonic Compact. The sony have some excellent internal zoom lenses and make some very compact cameras. Canon make excellent touch cameras that make sense. Panasonic do some excellent bridge cameras (if thats what your after) or some very nice little compact cameras too. The Lumix also seem to be built out of granite or some such as they never break down but do seem to weigh more than the rest of them.

i hear ya.... these people mayaswell just go for a 300d or 350d....

What's a bridge cam?

B

Brown.

God help us

the fuji you linked us from ebay is a bridge....its not a compact its a wanna be slr, which is why were confused as in your title you asking for a non slr camera.

God help us

the fuji you linked us from ebay is a bridge....its not a compact its a wanna be slr, which is why were confused as in your title you asking for a non slr camera.
Well yeah I was after a non-SLR cam, but ppl have been recommending other cam's that looks like SLR's to me or "bridge" as you put it!

B

Brown.

as said before, the web site www.dpreview.com has to have the best archive and image database around....they have multiple angles of all cameras of the digital age aswell as sample images from the camera, they also have compare feature so you can put cams side by side....... the TZ5 is 10 times optical which means nearly 300mm of zoom, the reason bridge cameras are used are to pick up the slack zoom area from compact to slr... the likes of the panasonic TZ range remove the need for bulky bridge camera's....

B

Brown.

nice kitchen ^^ seen jessops had these in £190.. or £180...either way special little camera...