ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Recommend a compact sub

BMW 120i Sport

I currently own, but its not fitted at the mo, a http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=245712 Vibe active subwoofer. Its a great, deep, loud sub but its just too big for what i need/want.

Im going to have to get (at least) two sets of golf clubs in my boot at some point in the summer, and the Vibe unit just soaks up too much space (plus its too bloody loud!) - can anyone recommend a compact sub thats going to fill the low end of the spectrum without sacrificing too much boot space?

To bear in mind: i dont need loud, i dont need 20 Hz - i only need a compact solution to fill the bass in at normal car listening levels.

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=3792Something like this maybe?

That 12" vibe unit will be for sale shortly.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

i would be interested in the outcome of this aswell mate as i am in the same postition as yourself, i need basically the whole boot as i play roller hockey (same as ice) and the bags the size of a person, have you thought about a stealth box at all

how does a 8.5LF Pro Boston Acoutics sub sound? 0.3 cu ft enclosure, drops as low as a 10, yet has unreal control £80 ???

if not, have a look at the phase linear aliante si, doesnt drop too low, but its extremely low profile means it will fit in some of the shallowest enclosures

BMW 120i Sport

That Infinity looks like a great little unit, slightly bigger than the Pioneer unit though and probably handle the same amount of bass id need.

BMW 120i Sport

Had a look at that and its absolute overkill in terms of price and power for what im looking for.

Still, if youre looking for whopping bass in a slim profile, it certainly looks the best solution.

Big G - you will NEVER get whopping bass from the aliante, it is 100% aimed at sound quality, nothing else

the general view from a certain car audio forum is that the infinity basslink is quite good for what it sets out to do. It wont be stupidly loud but will provide enough bass for a basic install

A Euro'd one...

Well im selling 2x 10" Vibe subs in a custom box if youre interested. Its in a compact box and dosnt take up too much space in the boot. It can boom pretty hard if you crank it up but sounds nice at low volume. £100 for it...