ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Recommend a phone!

LY 182
Right, my old man wants a new phone. He's asked me a couple times and tbh I don't really know what to say. If it's not an iPhone I don't give a hoot!

He's mentioned the Nokia N8.

The main criteria would be:

- Decent camera
- Has internet access (email would be ideal too)
- Not overly complicated to use

He doesn't want to spend more than £30-35 per month on contract.

I gather HTC are the main guys for phones behind Apple but I'm wondering if they might be a bit too flashy for him with a touchscreen and that.

Your suggestions are appreciated!

The N8 is pretty bad to use. Software is about 4 years out of date for what other smartphones can do and the web browser is fairly poo. Android phones are good for most, if a little over complicated compared to an iPhone (eg all the ways it can be customized etc). They do lack a decent battery life though. If you were to look at an Android phone then I would go for the Samsung Galaxy S over Desire etc. The UI is more akin to an iPhone rather than an Android phone.

If it's a non-touchscreen he would prefer then something like a Nokia E72 or BlackBerry 9780. Both have decent web browsers and easy to use on an every day basis

If he did want an iPhone then a 3GS can be had from all networks at £35 a month

LY 182
Yeah I personally wouldn't recommend a Nokia as previous Nokia's I've had have sucked pretty much but wasn't sure if they'd changed. If I had to go for non iPhone I'd probably shoot for a BlackBerry but then they're not packing a decent camera?

The old man's probably better just going into 02 and having a look / play with some phones. (iPhone 3GS cam is poop too).

320d M Sport
new HTC windows phone is supposed to be very easy to use and at least on par, if not better than the iphone?

MK2 Clio
new HTC windows phone is supposed to be very easy to use and at least on par, if not better than the iphone?

The new Windows Phone 7 is poor. On par with my butt crack maybe. The games features have been locked down for developers to much, the process manager currupts every 3-4 days + countless more google or more info

2005 Clio Sport 182
iphone 3gs or 4! both very easy to use! must be idiot proof as i can use everything and i set emails and various alerts