ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Recommend a shampoo

AGH the sl*g
What shampoo's do you recommend, i currently have megs gold class and mer and find them both ok but obviously theres better out there and wanted to know what others prefer/use.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Only 'proper' shampoo I've used is Megs Gold Class, which seems to do a decent job.

ipodsandguns

ClioSport Club Member
  GW X200 CUP
Gold glass is my fave shampoo but is far from the best for the pound.

Iv just switched to turtlewax trade s**t. 25ltrs for 13 quid i think from costco.

JMR

RB 182 Cup
I use AutoSmart Duet/Duo wash and wax shampoo.
About £12 for 5 litres from your local AutoSmart rep if you haggle well.

Not strictly a wax in it as such, just gloss enhancers, but they do a great job and leave your car really really slik.
I find Megs Gold Class leaves the finish squeeky to the touch, which doesnt seems as nice.

Zymol Autowash from Halfords for £7 is a decent buy, but at only 500ml it is far outclassed by the Autosmart.

Ends up like this ;-)

DSC_0523.gif

172 RS Ph1
Head and Shoulders.

Oh wait wrong section.

:D Made me spill my drink!

I use:
*ClearKote Car Wash
*Mothers Cali Gold
*Zaino Carwash
*Dodo BTBM
*Valet Pro Poseidon Carnauba Wash
*Mothers Carnauba Wash and Wax
*Meguiars Gold Class

Favourite must be the Dodo and Megs.

Ive only ever tried b2bm and not that impressed tbh, it doesnt bubble up well. It might just be the wash mitt not picking up the bubbles/soap so it feels like im washing the car with water.

1.2 Dynamique 16v
Chemical guys - maxi suds 2.. I've only used it a couple times but it seems to do the job nicely.

Not a 320d
Shampoo + or BTBM.

Dont like gold class, bit agressive for my liking.

First expensive shampoo i ever used was Megs NXT.

AJH

Clio 172
I've just ordered some Chemical Guys - Glossworkz with a new sheepskin wash mit. I'll let you know what it's like after the weekend.

BG 182
Ive tried both Megs NXT and Gold class and prefer the gold class.A recent trip to the detailing shop down the road though suggested i should try Chemical Guys Citrus Wash & Gloss. Anybody heard good things about this?

Not a 320d
CWAG is alrite pal. I didnt replace it put it that way.

901 is good stuff really but not as good as BTBM.

Gold Class - Little agressive for my liking, not the most economical of washes.
NXT - Like gold class but not as good.
901 - Really good stuff actually but expensive.
Chem Guys Glossworkz - Utter shite. Removed my wax with the reccomended dilution ratio even.
Zymol Autowash - (Halfords) - Like this a lot
Zymol Autobathe - Didnt think much to it, was defo wax safe lol.

Im sure theres more.