ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Recommend a Snow Foam Lance..

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
Have just bought some of the AF snow foam liquid but need a lance.

Any recommendations, not crazy money and needs to fit a nilfisk.

Ta.

The Karcher ones are not a snow foam lance. They are an additive attachment, much like the clear hoses attached to the side of old Karchers.
Buy from a detailing site - CYC, I4D etc

Nope. They produce washing up liquid bubbles rather than a thick shaving foam consistency. The former is no better than throwing a bucket of soapy water over the car ie it just runs off. The latter clings, works on dirt and falls away from the paint after 5-10 mins.

Although this is all superfluous. Snow foam is simply not as effective as a wax safe TFR such as Citrus Power or RDS.

Listerine & Poledo
Although this is all superfluous. Snow foam is simply not as effective as a wax safe TFR such as Citrus Power or RDS.
Those are all words, I'm sure, but mean nothing to my newb ears.
Found what you mean about the karcher nozzle though

So. Back to OP question:-
Which nozzle for which fluids? Links would be better than random names and acronyms

Magifoam is far too thick IMO! It dwells for too long and doesn't actually do much. You need a citrus infused snowfoam or prewash for it to actually be effective.

Works wonders for me tbh, always removes a crap load of dirt (I'd say 85% of the visual dirt), agreed it can be too thick, to the point I have to wash the drive after washing the car, otherwise it stays for days, even if it rains :D

Though I have adjusted it so it's not as thick now :]

Listerine & Poledo
All I want is a foam I can spray on, leave for a bit, give a once-over with a mitt, spray off. done.
Well, spray on some wax after, of course.
I didn't go getting pressure washers just for cleaning the car to be even more of a faff.

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
Works wonders for me tbh, always removes a crap load of dirt (I'd say 85% of the visual dirt), agreed it can be too thick, to the point I have to wash the drive after washing the car, otherwise it stays for days, even if it rains :smiley:

Though I have adjusted it so it's not as thick now :]

That's why I stopped using it, washing the drive everytime you clean the car is a pain in the ass lol!

That's why I stopped using it, washing the drive everytime you clean the car is a pain in the ass lol!

Haha yeah :)

All I want is a foam I can spray on, leave for a bit, give a once-over with a mitt, spray off. done.
I didn't go getting pressure washers just for cleaning the car to be even more of a faff.

I don't even agitate the snowfoam, I use it as pre-wash. Bucket after I was the snowfoam off xD dunno if that's a normal thing or not though. I leave it for 10min, jetwash off and most of the dirt is gone for when I actually wash it.

E46 M3 & UR Quattro

I would go for AF Avalanche then personally, it's far from the thickest snowfoam on the market but it's one of the most effective at breaking down dirt and grime due to being citrus infused.

Then just a case of rinsing after leaving to dwell and washing as usual.

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member

I have citrus power too and was going to use a showdown to et most off then citrus power for the tough bits...?

I have citrus power too and was going to use a showdown to et most off then citrus power for the tough bits...?
To be honest, CP will do the job first time around, so do you need a snow foam... lots of debate. I personally don't bother any more.

It all depends on how well protected your paint work is (teaching you to suck eggs, let's not start down that route again ;) ). Mine is well protected, so I spray on RDS or CP and jet wash off. The paint work is then "clean" enough for me to feel happy a 2BM wash will not induce marring. It is then open-hosed off leaving minor beading in places that is dabbed with a towel. Simples.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I use 2 layers of SF, one to loosen dirt as I think a lot of pre washes are detrimental to LSPs. After a good PW off I then coat again for the 2BM. Adds so much more slickness to the washing part, have been doing this for a long time now.

I'll then SF again if de-tarring as you must rewash before claying. I'll then SF again as no doubt there will be plenty left in the litre SF bottle, adds plenty of slickness to the clay cloth, whilst using a cheap spray lube as always.

2003 Clio 172 Sport
As far as I've been told the common snow foam lances are all made by the same company. People saying the Autobrite ones (and believe me I've used/use ALOT of AD gear) are better are getting carried away with the red instead of black details. It's the same as the standard ones inside, just looks fancier. As long as you maintain the lance it will perform the same as any other. As for foam, ValetPRO advanced foam is worth a look, as is Bilt Hamber. You can use all sorts in a lance, shampoo, APC, Pre-wash (such as Citrus Power) don't take the term 'snow-foam' as gospel and think that's the only thing that go in a snow lance. ;)

Golf GT & A4 Avant
The whole debate over which is better, whether it be a pre wash product and pressure rinse or a snow foam and pressure rinse will never be answered.

But if you've just got your pressure washer, first try lightly rinsing the car then spraying citrus power or which ever pre wash product you have over the grimey areas. Leave to dwell a few minutes then pressure rinse off. You'll be surprised at how much this removes before physically washing.

If you still feel you want to try snow foaming then give it a to, but I must admit I rarely use it now

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I just worry how much damage it's doing to the LSP. If you're not re-applying anyway.

Call it wax safe if you wish but it will affect it.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Washing the car with your favourite wax safe ph neutral bare shampoo will also have an affect in the long run. But I'm yet to see a noticeable premature failure of a wax or bonding contaminants from using a pre wash product compared to not