ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Recommend me a PS3 steering wheel.

Hi all, I'm after a steering wheel to use with my PS3, predominately for GT5 - with so many too choose from I am seeking advice, recommendations on which to buy!

Thanks!

I don't know. I don't use the clutch on mine.

It's by far the best mainstream wheel available, and it works with GT5. No other choice IMO.

Citroen DS3 DSport
G25 is the best available for the PS3. The clutch can be used in GT5P but I don't bother with it.

3 x Renaults + Lexus
Logitech G25 and Vision racer seat with a projector system is the best option

home4.JPG

G25 also has padel shift so not just a gear stick works with PS3 but not XBox360

Logitech G25 and Vision racer seat with a projector system is the best option

home4.JPG

G25 also has padel shift so not just a gear stick works with PS3 but not XBox360

nice but not cheap, overkill for gaming maybe... the juries out. Whats the price of the chair, I reckon I could make one of those, i've got the seats from my 182 as i have just fitted evo Recaros.....mmmmm

Yeah £700 plus wheel and PJ. I think he wanted to know what's the best steering wheel, not how much money you have ;)

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Yep - the G25 wins hands-down. I definitely use the clutch as I feel it adds to the game - if only by 1%.

The wheel itself is superbly built and constructed. In fact, I'm looking after the wheel that much, I gave the leather trim a coating of Meg's Leather Cleaner. The sad cnut that I am... :)

D.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
so with reagrd to the G25 does it clamp, sit on your lap etc, whats the best option?

Clamped to the edge of my desk. I picked up the cheapest of the cheap car mat from Halfords and cut two strips off it. I then clamp both the wheel and the gearbox unit on to the desk, over the folded rubber mat. It adds a lot more grip to the desk that way - rather than just on the thumbscrew clamps themselves.

D.

3 x Renaults + Lexus
nice but not cheap, overkill for gaming maybe... the juries out. Whats the price of the chair, I reckon I could make one of those, i've got the seats from my 182 as i have just fitted evo Recaros.....mmmmm

Yep its an expensive option but if you play lots of drving games its a great investment and does help.

You could prob make the seats if you had the tools and materials. I have been to the workshop where they make these and they are very well built unlike some others i have seen on EBay etc

It prob the best seat and it only fits the G25 so another reason to get the Logitech.

But as you can imagine i play lots of drving games so i know a thing or two about wheel sets and the G25 is the best i have seen

Yep its an expensive option but if you play lots of drving games its a great investment and does help.

You could prob make the seats if you had the tools and materials. I have been to the workshop where they make these and they are very well built unlike some others i have seen on EBay etc

It prob the best seat and it only fits the G25 so another reason to get the Logitech.

But as you can imagine i play lots of drving games so i know a thing or two about wheel sets and the G25 is the best i have seen

all right mate thanks for the advice. I'm a designer with access to all the metal working gear etc I would need to I'll look into it, might even make a two seater :rasp:

mmmm wonder if I could get the airbags rigged up too, imagine them going of when you slide into a barrier on GT5 lol

3 x Renaults + Lexus
Yeah £700 plus wheel and PJ. I think he wanted to know what's the best steering wheel, not how much money you have ;)

Not posting how much money i have did not see i had? not really any ones business my money and what i spend it on. Just posting what i have and a good reason to get the G25 is that its the only wheel set to fit the vision racer seat. Lots of people do have racing seats and if you want the best wheel its a logical upgrade.

http://www.visionracer.com/flash/uk/vr3.html

3 x Renaults + Lexus
all right mate thanks for the advice. I'm a designer with access to all the metal working gear etc I would need to I'll look into it, might even make a two seater :rasp:

mmmm wonder if I could get the airbags rigged up too, imagine them going of when you slide into a barrier on GT5 lol

If you need some close up images let me know

3 x Renaults + Lexus
I bought the A1 GP Playseat for use with my G25 and it is also very good.

My mates has that it folds down... Really good seat pity the gear holder is option

I would say the advantage over the the "vison racer" is the seat is comfy on yours, vision racer is a race seat, also your seat when floded away takes up less room the vision racer is fixed.

I found the all the seats take a bit to get used to but they do improve the game.

Citroen DS3 DSport
The gear holder cost a additional £25 but the total package in comparison to the vision racer was less expensive.