ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Recommend me a subtle ICE set-up

I've got a Clio 197 with the basic CD, 2 speaker, 2 tweeter, fingertip control and display set-up.

Ideally, I'd like:

- "Standard"-looking head unit, possibly with flip-face rather than pull-off
- Speakers x 4, tweeters x 2 - probably no need for a separate amp
- Good quality sound... usually play mellow music like Massive Attack, Leftfield
- To keep the fingertip control and dashboard display if possible

I've not been into my ICE for a few years now, so would appreciate some advice on a subtle set-up.

Cost isn't much of an issue, but I only do 8k miles a year!

Cheers :)

I've got the Sony CDX GT30RN in my '07 clio. Its specifically designed for renaults as it works with the dashboard display and fingertip controls, also doesn't require harness adapters/ leads as the original renault connectors fit into the back of it. 4X50W, sub pre-outs and aux input. I'd strongly recommend it, and it can be picked up cheap on ebay (£60 I paid for mine delivered- and new).

Alternatively theres the Cabasse 6 Multi-cd changer headunit from renault which keeps it all looking standard and I believe its 4 X 45W too (retail at around £300 from renault though).

Josh