ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Recommend me an exhaust

Clio 172 Ph1
So, my exhaust is knackered. I took it to Gordons Tyres earlier to have a free inspection, and it turns out both the middle and back sections have gone and need replacing.

They offered to get a new exhaust and do the work - for £350 :eek:

Obviously I told them no chance, so what I'm after is recommendations of a decent place to go to get the mid and back sections replaced for a better price.

Also, would it likely be cheaper to just get an aftermarket exhaust? If so, could you recommend me one, where I could purchase it, and also where I could have it fitted? I live in the West Yorkshire region by the way.

Many Thanks

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
m8 i have a new mid section for sale, it s a devil one, stright through made of stainless steel, will last for ever aned will jsut bolt on, want about 90 for it, its 2 weeks old btw

Clio 172 Ph1
ajketley said:
Order one from k-tec, you could get a cat - back system for less than that.

www.k-tecracing.com

Thanks for the link :)

Do you happen to know how loud their Stealth Exhaust system is? I don't want anything too intrusive. Also, I take it that as the Cat is left in place, there won't be any performance gains? If not that's fine with me as I won't have to pay anything extra on insurance.

ben_p said:
m8 i have a new mid section for sale, it s a devil one, stright through made of stainless steel, will last for ever aned will jsut bolt on, want about 90 for it, its 2 weeks old btw

Thanks for the offer, but I'd rather get all the parts at the same time :)

theduckeatspork said:
pro speed in cardiff?

Hmmm, think Cardiff may be a bit far to travel for an exhaust, given that it's about a 9 hour round trip from Wakefield!

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Trojan said:
So, my exhaust is knackered. I took it to Gordons Tyres earlier to have a free inspection, and it turns out both the middle and back sections have gone and need replacing.

They offered to get a new exhaust and do the work - for £350 :eek:

Obviously I told them no chance, so what I'm after is recommendations of a decent place to go to get the mid and back sections replaced for a better price.

Also, would it likely be cheaper to just get an aftermarket exhaust? If so, could you recommend me one, where I could purchase it, and also where I could have it fitted? I live in the West Yorkshire region by the way.

Many Thanks

Powerflow made me up a stainless cat back and fitted it in 90 mins . £270.You can pick your own back box so you can have it as loud or as quiet as you like .

http://www.powerflowexhausts.net/

MrBillyUK !

Clio 1.2 16 - 2003
Thats were i got mine done, 270 quid took about 2 hours and boy oh boy its mint.... Lifetime Warrenty on everything but the rubbers too.

Clio 172 Ph1
MRBILLYUK said:
Powerflow made me up a stainless cat back and fitted it in 90 mins . £270.You can pick your own back box so you can have it as loud or as quiet as you like .

http://www.powerflowexhausts.net/

MrBillyUK !

That looks to be just the place i need, thanks muchly for that. Do you happen to know if they'll be able to fit a "stealth" type backbox? I'd much prefer to keep the car looking standard rather than having tailpipes on view.

Last edited:

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Trojan said:
That looks to be just the place i need, thanks muchly for that. Do you happen to know if they'll be able to fit a "stealth" type backbox? I'd much prefer to keep the car looking standard rather than having tailpipes on view.

I have a stealth on mine . Its a nice sound , not too loud in the car but you know its there , plus they get a little louder when they've been on a couple of weeks , turns a few heads when ya floor it .
I'm not too keen on cutting holes in my bumper , or the ones that hang belowe the bumper but thats a personal prefererence of course .

I originally only went to see them about a new back box and it was gonna be £120 , so when i went to get it fitted i asked em about a cat back , price etc .... they said £270 so i said can ya fit one now and it was no problem , 90 mins later i was driving away.

MrBillyUK !

P.S Make sure you keep your receipt safe , for the guarantee :)

Clio 172 Ph1
MRBILLYUK said:
I have a stealth on mine . Its a nice sound , not too loud in the car but you know its there , plus they get a little louder when they've been on a couple of weeks , turns a few heads when ya floor it .
I'm not too keen on cutting holes in my bumper , or the ones that hang belowe the bumper but thats a personal prefererence of course .

I originally only went to see them about a new back box and it was gonna be £120 , so when i went to get it fitted i asked em about a cat back , price etc .... they said £270 so i said can ya fit one now and it was no problem , 90 mins later i was driving away.

MrBillyUK !

P.S Make sure you keep your receipt safe , for the guarantee :)

Cheers for the reply :)

Closest dealer to me is in Leeds, only a 15 minute or so drive so not too bad. I'll give them a call and see if they can fit me in at the weekend.

Evo4, MITO, 172 TTV6
The k-tec one is pretty loud but if you leave the cat on it wont be over the top, subtle idle and loud as rpm increases. It might give you a little power increase but not enough to notice really. You also get a choice of tailpipes! ;)

VaVa
Day said:
Prospeed - 3.5 Single tailpipe slash cut with 182 surround.

That's what I'm having :)

Good choice... Something like this you mean?:approve: ;)

I was in the same position as you Trojan ( Grrrrr @ Renault Exhausts) although I got qouted £430 for a new centre section and rear box. I actually wanted to go for a stealth system, but a friend I know has one on his 172 and it sounds OK. But because you can't see the tailpipe people kept asking him if his exhaust was fooked. lol.

And it is a little strange to hear an exhaust that you can't see for some reason.

I don't know how good the K-Tec Zorst is as I've never seen it, but there have been a few people on here who've had problems with fitment and knocking which appear to be attributable to the design of it rathre that how it's aligned.

Last edited:
  Clio 172 mk2
lagerlout1 said:
Good choice... Something like this you mean?:approve: ;)

I was in the same position as you Trojan ( Grrrrr @ Renault Exhausts) although I got qouted £430 for a new centre section and rear box. I actually wanted to go for a stealth system, but a friend I know has one on his 172 and it sounds OK. But because you can't see the tailpipe people kept asking him if his exhaust was fooked. lol.

And it is a little strange to hear an exhaust that you can't see for some reason.

I don't know how good the K-Tec Zorst is as I've never seen it, but there have been a few people on here who've had problems with fitment and knocking which appear to be attributable to the design of it rathre that how it's aligned.

I did have to slightly modify the hangar to get my Stealth not to knock but the end result is very nice.

Kinda matter of personal preference....I really like the hidden tailpipe

ant

yep.
its the one thing i've always hated about the clio. no fat pipe/pipes sticking out the back!! ['cept the 182 of course]

Clio 172 Ph1
Anybody heard anything about Longlife Exhausts, or seen or used their products? Got a quote for the type of exhaust I want - £289 including fitting.

They sound very professional, and have invited me in to further discuss my requirements. Seems these may be the people I go with, unless anyone has seen or heard anything bad about them?

Edit - Their website: www.exhausts.uk.com

Last edited:
I had one fitted at exhustsUK (Sheffield) just before crimbo. Very satisfied with the work. I wanted something similar to O/E and as quite as possible.They told me that when they first starded doing 172's they had struggled to keep the noise down due to engine etc but have now figured out which boxes to use.The sound it makes is just very slightly louder than the standard one. From the rear of the car yuo can just see the back box below the bumper (same as standard) and it has a short down-turned hidden tailpipe. cost £275