ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Recommend me some Headphones

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Got my hands on some galaxy buds pro to try. They're decent, but overpriced.

The sound is good (nothing special though), but the noise cancelling isn't up to the other options available at similar money. They feel pretty cheap as well.

They're pretty discrete when in, and the case is small.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Noise cancelling is never something I've noticed on many headphones. My current ones once they are in, I can't hear anything. Nothing. Maybe it's a good seal but most buds I have tried have no leak.

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Got my hands on some galaxy buds pro to try. They're decent, but overpriced.

The sound is good (nothing special though), but the noise cancelling isn't up to the other options available at similar money. They feel pretty cheap as well.

They're pretty discrete when in, and the case is small.
What are you comparing against?

Genuine question btw. I've never had half decent noise cancelling earphones before the buds pro, so nothing really to compare against. They seem decent but then I got them for nothing with the phone. Not sure how I'd feel paying 200 quid for them!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
It's so competitive that some company can make anc a bit cheaper. I think the buds pro are lovely. The fit is lovely and super discreet like Warren said. Notice a bigger difference between the plus and pro when running.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
What are you comparing against?

Genuine question btw. I've never had half decent noise cancelling earphones before the buds pro, so nothing really to compare against. They seem decent but then I got them for nothing with the phone. Not sure how I'd feel paying 200 quid for them!
The Panasonic's I linked above. They're the best buds I've tried for ANC (although they are bulky), even moreso than the sonys. But the Huawei freebuds pro offer better ANC as well. The lack of controls is frustrating after the buds plus as well.

The fit is odd, they never feel really stable, but they never actually move. In fairness, now they're available under £150, it's a more sensible price. At £220, there are some pretty premium options and the buds pro feel very, very cheap in comparison.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
So as said, I lost my old one, upgraded to these. Arrived yesterday, and lost them again! Thankfully found then wedged down the side of the car seat. Such a decent product, bass is brilliant.

7419D4DB-F12E-4FC4-9C72-1A773F85A8F3.jpeg

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Second pair of Surface Headphones started to fall apart just 4 months in :( loved those things but decided to chop in for something different (can't fault John Lewis again, complete refund no hassle 22 months after original purchase)

Went for WH-1000XM4 this time. Definitely not as premium feeling, in fact I would say they feel a bit cheap. However sound is good and the noise cancellation (whilst not something particularly important to me) is incredible. Only annoying thing I've found so far is when I turn them on, I have to manually connect via Bluetooth settings on my laptop each time, whereas my Surface Headphones connected automatically. If anyone else has these, is there anything I can do about that?

Crazylegs

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
I've bought some Pioneer HDJ X5 from Argos. They're really comfortable headphones, wired only so no Bluetooth.

The sound although good isn't as good as I was expecting but it's very clear, they're super comfortable and the wire is nice and thick and the headphones feel premium and very well made. £89 from Argos.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Finally they are here.

Very poor call quality, not important to most
No multiple device support (piss poor in 2021)

Best of sound quality
Best ANC on the market for wireless buds

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Finally they are here.

Best of sound quality

Only jabra seem to consistently allow multi point

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
I just got some wireless earbuds free with my new TV. Terrible quality though, literally no bass. Who'd pay £90 for them f**k knows. They are convenient though, so I'll probably keep them for watching TV at work or podcasts etc.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Second pair of Surface Headphones started to fall apart just 4 months in :( loved those things but decided to chop in for something different (can't fault John Lewis again, complete refund no hassle 22 months after original purchase)

Went for WH-1000XM4 this time. Definitely not as premium feeling, in fact I would say they feel a bit cheap. However sound is good and the noise cancellation (whilst not something particularly important to me) is incredible. Only annoying thing I've found so far is when I turn them on, I have to manually connect via Bluetooth settings on my laptop each time, whereas my Surface Headphones connected automatically. If anyone else has these, is there anything I can do about that?

I have the previous model the M3's and they used to do that when connecting to my laptop, now it's almost instant.

I never changed anything.

Possibly trying unpairing and repairing them.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Cheers I've found it does connect automatically as long as I've turned the Surface on first. A small adjustment but easy enough to get used to. Very impressed with these over the past week I must say (y) bass is fantastic and so comfortable.

The the range definitely isn't as good as the Surface Headphones though... I did read that was one of the best thing about those. Can't go for a piss now without being disconnected lol.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Finally they are here.

Best of sound quality

They are fantastic. The fit is great, very comfortable for prolonged periods. Noise cancelling is great, and with a bit if eq tweaking the sound is brilliant.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I really like the design, I imagine they sound immense. I refuse to change buds until I can have multi device, anc not important neither is sound really for me. Multi device is the only thing I notice and I don't really want the jabras.

Was really hoping the sonys were the answer ffs!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Does anyone use any really low-profile ones? My current AirPods are showing their age now and I also have to wear them upside down when I have my MTB helmet on :ROFLMAO:

The flatter to your ear the better really.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Does anyone use any really low-profile ones? My current AirPods are showing their age now and I also have to wear them upside down when I have my MTB helmet on [emoji23]

The flatter to your ear the better really.
Galaxy buds plus. Or, these are fantastic, I've had a set as back up for a while. They're the smallest ANC buds around I think, under a helmet they're superb. And way better sound than airports.

Of the 2, if they were the same price, I'd get the earfuns.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Galaxy buds plus. Or, these are fantastic, I've had a set as back up for a while. They're the smallest ANC buds around I think, under a helmet they're superb. And way better sound than airports.

Of the 2, if they were the same price, I'd get the earfuns.
Awesome. For £60 I'll give those a go first then!

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Just got some Sennheiser HD 450BTs for the gym and work, initial impressions, they're fab. Switchable noise-cancelling on a single button for DC work is epic!

Sound quality is really good, not too tight on my bonce but definitely don't feel like they're gonna move a mm when running

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Just got some Sennheiser HD 450BTs for the gym and work, initial impressions, they're fab. Switchable noise-cancelling on a single button for DC work is epic!

Sound quality is really good, not too tight on my bonce but definitely don't feel like they're gonna move a mm when running
Anyone that runs in over ears, definitely hangs out too close to primary schools.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Anything equal to or better VFM than the Powerbeats Pro?

Looking for wireless but something that'll hold in which I struggle with without the ear hooks.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Is there a decent set of wireless earbuds for around £50?

Not too bothered about fully noise cancelling. I know (and bought) the RHA's and Sound Magic E10s was recommended for sub £50 a few years ago, but wasn't too sure on wireless buds.

These will be used if I go for a walk or am doing tinkering jobs, not be used daily.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200

Not too bothered about fully noise cancelling. I know (and bought) the RHA's and Sound Magic E10s was recommended for sub £50 a few years ago, but wasn't too sure on wireless buds.

These will be used if I go for a walk or am doing tinkering jobs, not be used daily.

Eafun air Pro are £60 on amazon. Really good.

The ear fun free Pro give a more secure fit

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08LYXGB89/?tag=cliospnet01-21

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR

I've got some RHA Trueconnects if you want?

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Eafun air Pro are £60 on amazon. Really good.

The ear fun free Pro give a more secure fit

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08LYXGB89/?tag=cliospnet01-21

Despite their silly name they get really good reviews, just bought a set for the mrs father. Was a tenner cashback on the black coloured ones as well.

Another option at that price are House of Marley

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Watched a few comparison and review videos on a few earbuds, including the ones mentioned above. Seems that the Earfun free Pro gets great reviews so I've ordered those.

Amazon was doing a deal and managed to get them for £47.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I need some new headphones for my holiday.

Any recent recommendations before I buy some airpods?