ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Recommend me some speakers

Hi all, X-mas is almost upon us and I will be installing my new pioneer HU.

Now ime looking at upgrading the speakers.

They will have to be plug in and play ones though.

Seen these direct replacement Pioneer ones,

http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/10871.html

not sure if they are much of an improvment on the OEM ones though?

Can anyone give me some pointers on these, or any others upto about £50 or so...?

Dont want to buy some crappy ones.

Cheers guys....

Cupped 200
Hi all, X-mas is almost upon us and I will be installing my new pioneer HU.

Now ime looking at upgrading the speakers.

They will have to be plug in and play ones though.

Seen these direct replacement Pioneer ones,

http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/10871.html

not sure if they are much of an improvment on the OEM ones though?

Can anyone give me some pointers on these, or any others upto about £50 or so...?

Dont want to buy some crappy ones.

Cheers guys....

Youre talking about a upgrade i thought, so rethink this word, spend more money or let it be....

for the sake of it: get those you just pointed out, at least they will be slightly better than the standart ones and so as a matter of fact it would be an upgrade, eh!? ;)

Mk5 golf gti
id go for pioneers the cheaper in the range.ive had a set in all 5 of my clios an make a big diff to the shitters reno fit :p
an there direct fit too :D

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I'd recommend getting some speaker adaptors from ebay, dont have to cut into your wires then and gives you a bit of extra length when fitting the speakers.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Missed that bit! I'll have to have a hear when they are fitted if you dont mind, if they sound good from just a h/u might invest for that price!

Cupped 200
Point is, first cange the HU and see then what happens, because of the mostly crappy sound output signal of the HU is a big part of the pile o s**t when its about sound. ith a good HU its possible that your Standart speakers will sounds much better. But nothing wrong with 25 stones for a few which are surely better ;)

RSC 182 Cup
Point is, first cange the HU and see then what happens, because of the mostly crappy sound output signal of the HU is a big part of the pile o s**t when its about sound. ith a good HU its possible that your Standart speakers will sounds much better. But nothing wrong with 25 stones for a few which are surely better ;)

Sorry, but the stock speakers in a 182 are rubbish, whereas the stock headunit sound quality is actually quite reasonable. Hook some decent speakers up and it's amazing what a difference there is.

Mk2 172
Sorry, but the stock speakers in a 182 are rubbish, whereas the stock headunit sound quality is actually quite reasonable. Hook some decent speakers up and it's amazing what a difference there is.

WRONG!!! the standard unit is dire!!! You will get more out of replacing the unit and having the standard speakers than running cheap upgrade speakers on the stock unit. I know this cos ive done both and i do it as my job.

Well fitted my new speakers, front and back, and wow what a diference!

The standard ones were good, but the pioneers can take alot more bass and are clearer too...

Should sound even better when my new HU is fitted too.

Not bad for £57 for all four....

Recommend them if your after a cheapish upgrade.

Regards.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
WRONG!!! the standard unit is dire!!! You will get more out of replacing the unit and having the standard speakers than running cheap upgrade speakers on the stock unit. I know this cos ive done both and i do it as my job.

Yup, big difference when I put my Sony HU in, even better when I got my Alpine.

I need some good speakers now, but don't want to run my amp anymore.

RSC 182 Cup

There's nothing wrong with the 182 head unit. I'm running Focal 6.5" Polyglass components and the sound quality is excellent. There's no comparison between the stock speakers and what I've got now. The sound clarity, bass and even volume level have all improved immensely.

I also helped a friend with a Phase1 172 upgrade his front speakers to Polk components (130mm) and he was amazed at the difference too. Out of interest the stock woofers in his were a lot higher quality than what the 182's come out with.

Even the originator of this thread has commented on the improvement in sound with just some cheap "plug and play" Pioneer speakers.

Well fitted my new speakers, front and back, and wow what a diference!

The standard ones were good, but the pioneers can take alot more bass and are clearer too...

Should sound even better when my new HU is fitted too.

Not bad for £57 for all four....

Just imagine how much better again it would be with even better quality speakers that have proper crossovers..... ;)