ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Recon Gearbox crunching in second gear

Monaco Clio 172
I am very peed off. Spent £550 for a recon box and fitted it all in to find it crunches from first to second. The place that did the box is also closed till wednesday. Now i gotta spend another day ripping it all out again.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
Where abouts did you diconnect the gear linkage? inside that rubber boot on the selector or in the linkage rod?

Monaco Clio 172
If you have anymore issues then try Agency as I don't think they charge anywhere near that amount and also they have a very good reputation :)
had to have another box because the one off the car was smashed to bits inside.

Monaco Clio 172
im annoyed because the bloke was building it as i was talking to him on the phone ,so he should of noticed the syncro worn

Ph1 172 (titanium)
Agency charged me £250 for what was near enough full rebuild!
Top service, really friendly and helpful!

Monaco Clio 172
the more i think about this the more im getting annoyed. why sell me a box which he had opened on the bench so should of seen the syncro was worn

182cup & 172 racecar
swearing.jpg