ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Red Calipers!! :D

White Mk2 FL 1.2 16v
I've had my Clio (my first car) for about a month now and I have sprayed my callipers/drum brakes red. Took me a few hours but it has gone well and looks very smart, plus I must thank my dad who has helped me a lot because he is interested in cars like I am so he’s got a lot of experience. I am on here mainly because I love my pride and joy and want to show it off. lol

The paint I used was by Mean Machine (Red Primer, Red Gloss)

Now I’ll shut up and you can just look at my pictures below -

Paint i used:

Drum brake cleaned and preped for spraying:

Drum brake sprayed with Red Primer:

Drum Brake sprayed with Red Gloss:

Caliper Cleaned up:

Caliper Sprayed:

Clio done but bad lighting:

Front Wheel:

Back Wheel:

Thanks for looking

Danny :)

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Red is awful, black on drums only mate, you don't want to advertise you have drums.

1.2 16v
Looks good! I want to do mine blue. Not sure if ill be doing my drums now though, not massively keen.

W

WAR 23N

Calipers look good matey but I have to agree with some of the people here... I'd have to paint the drums Black.

Car is looking well though, nice and clean... Everything you do to your car is for your OWN taste... Dont let anyone else put you off something you want to do to your own car, if we listened to what everyone was saying we'd all be driving round in cars that are identical loool.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Calipers - Meh
Drums - No

Note to myself, fire a set of JK Tyres on the Focus as I never do more than 50 on my commute to work. Save myself about £70 a corner.

White Mk2 FL 1.2 16v
Everything you do to your car is for your OWN taste... Dont let anyone else put you off something you want to do to your own car, if we listened to what everyone was saying we'd all be driving round in cars that are identical loool.

Thanks for the reply and i totally agree with you, you should do things to your car because it makes you happy etc :)

A ANIMAL
Jueebus. Do people really need to just **** it off for the fun of it?

It looks smart enough, i wouldn't have bothered with the drums personally, but you're 17 - do what the f**k you like, we all would have done the same at your age.

WRX
Welcome to the site, ignore the Alonso, Kimi, Lewis wannabes. As said it is a 1.2 Clio, hardly going to be racing it's tyres off are you. They'll probably tell you to get T1Rs. Hope that's not another user put off by "experts".
your car=your choice.
Enjoy!

Renaultsport Clio 182
It's threads like this (specifically the responses posted) that highlight just how many knob heads frequent this forum. Just because someone has sprayed their calipers & drums red doesnt automatically mean they're gonna be doing 'hand brake turns in Maccie D's car parks' etc or having it 'end on its roof' bla bla

Dont be so quick to judge a new forum member just because his tastes dont match yours. I'm not a fan of the red drums myself but that's no reason to **** him off etc. have an opinion by all means, just don't be a complete Cnut! Simple

Toyota MR2 GT Turbo
Jueebus. Do people really need to just **** it off for the fun of it?

It looks smart enough, i wouldn't have bothered with the drums personally, but you're 17 - do what the f**k you like, we all would have done the same at your age.

Are you feeling ok? Not like you to defend the haters?

Pearl Black 172
Looks like a decent job, I like the calipers not sure on the hubs.
Will be interesting to see how the rattle cans hold up, if it does nt last try some high temp or Hammeright

White Mk2 FL 1.2 16v
Welcome to the site, ignore the Alonso, Kimi, Lewis wannabes. As said it is a 1.2 Clio, hardly going to be racing it's tyres off are you. They'll probably tell you to get T1Rs. Hope that's not another user put off by "experts".
your car=your choice.
Enjoy!

To be honest didn't expect some replies i've had. Guess there are just some people like that. Thanks for the advice but I've just laughed the stupid replies off. I couldn't believe it when Cookson said that I will be flying down on farm lanes and always at Mcdonalds just from the alloys I've picked. His comment has gone now (all of them) does that mean someones like the Admin as deleted them?

White Mk2 FL 1.2 16v
Looks like a decent job, I like the calipers not sure on the hubs.
Will be interesting to see how the rattle cans hold up, if it does nt last try some high temp or Hammeright

I'll let you know if they go bad, but my dads used the same paint on his Astra and never had a problem. Thanks for the reply.

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
Welcome to CS!

Looks smart tbh mate, ignore the haters. Personally I'd of done the drums black but it doesn't look bad. Good job with the masking!

Arctic Blue 182 FF
You made a good job of painting your brakes Danny,keep us up to date with future mods you do
Theres always a couple of ***** with stupid remarks, ignore them mate and enjoy your clio

Changes to often
Its ideot comments that puts me off going to meets makes me think what will people say when I get there, other than that the calipers look great, nice job

Toyota MR2 GT Turbo
Its ideot comments that puts me off going to meets makes me think what will people say when I get there, other than that the calipers look great, nice job

Everyone's too scared to say it to their faces lol, you'll be fine!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
red doesnt look to bad on the white car, id have gone black for the drums though, doing my twingo ones today! (first time ive owned drums since 2005 but they need doing lol!)