ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Red light of doom

T21PHY

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault clio182 TROPHY
Coverd loads but this is getting painfully Clio has been of the road for a few years.
Fitted new battery no start.
Search on here find all the options.

Earth's
Fuses
Relays
White plug in fuse box
Broken cable.
Key trick pushing button
Leaving it in position 2 for 10min
Spare key

I've checked all of the above and in the process of checking every cable labour intensive. All other controls work like wipers lights heaters. I'm gunna post pics and people if they could say where they found there problem.
No fuel pump priming either. should it prime even if the solid emobiliser light is on.
Now messing about once it satrted I was rocking the car in gear as some mentioned tdc but if tdc was the problem the solid light wouldn't be on and the car would just fail to fire right?
So think that was a fluke I think.

Hopefully if people can add extra I'd be greatfull what the car back on the road again.

Cheers people in advance.
5754dbaaabecb916a277fe635193b27d.jpg
dab9b5d830b8aeba27152a081b8bd1c1.jpg
734efa2c8e540fab7630a172ed34c43f.jpg
306ab6564ad1c167455d6f35feab52a1.jpg
035834be20bb2bccc999462566a9d586.jpg
3294c138de211ca7bb340debf5d5bb96.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Dex90

ClioSport Club Member
  11Megne250/02Clio172
Get someone to scan it with Renault clip. Had similar issue and it tells you the area to look at. It's not worth spending hours upon hours checking everything when a diagnostic machine can point you in the right direction within minutes. I ended up buying a Renault clip clone on eBay for £80 but was well worth the money

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

T21PHY

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault clio182 TROPHY
I used a mates ob2 connector works on his seat Leon but wouldn't log onto the Clio strange? Thought it aleast show some connection? I'll have to check my area to see who can come connect a clip. How's your copy version. Got a link.

Cheers for the input all helps.

Dex90

ClioSport Club Member
  11Megne250/02Clio172
Ye you need the official Renault diagnostic tool it's called "clip" . It can do a full system scan

Dex90

ClioSport Club Member
  11Megne250/02Clio172
My Renault clip may be a dodgy one. I can't do live diagnostics and it disconnects all the time. Might be my laptop tho as the software is very picky on choosers it will work with

T21PHY

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault clio182 TROPHY
Out of interest where was your broken cable or issue.

Dex90

ClioSport Club Member
  11Megne250/02Clio172
My problem was a faulty uch ( multimeter ) which I sent off for repairs.

T21PHY

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault clio182 TROPHY
I tested the ring by removing key from the fob and the light flashes like mad. When I just use the key. So that must be working. Cheers tho. At least this fault will keep miles off the car lol only done 49k