ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Red Ring of Death Question.....

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
Hi Guys,

Got a quick question regarding the famous Xbox 360 'RROD' issue.

I have a white xbox 360 console that I purchased pre-owned from GAME a couple of years ago and about 6months ago it came victim to the RROD. I went out and purchased a brand new Xbox Elite that I now use and is still going strong. However Ive got a spare console sat around that If I'm able to repair I was wanted to hand down to my sister.

Anyway, I registered my white console on Microsoft and its not covered under warranty as it ran out in September 2007, so will cost my £68 for a repair/replacement :mad:

What I wanted to know is of any cheaper place's to get it repaired? All I can seem to find are loads of online DIY fix sites.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Mark.

Astra Twintop
Where in Hampshire are you mate? There's a bloke who does repairs in Southampton that i know of.

Bumder With A Buffer
Fix it yourself??

It's easy. Or dont you think your capable?? The "DIY fixes" you speak of are the same ones a repairer would do.

A3 2.0TFSI QUATTRO
I no its out of the way but a company called dimond media in grimsby repair and add extra cooling fans for £45 with 3 month warrenty

Both my brothers have used him and the xbox's are still going

HBT 172 Cup
Do not even waste your time fixing it unless it is reballed properly by someone.

Trust me i have modified and had experience with hundreds of the shitty made consoles, xlcamping improved fans e.t.c will buy you about a week before its up the spout again.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
My old one had the 3 rings thing a few times. On the last time it wasn't warrantied, someone on here fixed it for me, for £10. Search my posts in the for sale section with xbox as keywords and I'm sure you'll come up trumps and find the user.

PS, once fixed mine was fine.

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
I just dont have the knowledge to be doing it myself, hence why I would like to find someone capable of repairing it for me. Thanks for the replies, I will have a gander.

Bumder With A Buffer
Do not even waste your time fixing it unless it is reballed properly by someone.

Trust me i have modified and had experience with hundreds of the shitty made consoles, xlcamping improved fans e.t.c will buy you about a week before its up the spout again.

Thats usually because people rush what they are doing and don't keep the heat on long enough. As long as it is done properly then there is no reason why it won't last.

The "reballing" is just down to making sure enough heat (but not too much) gets through the CPU/GPU and starts to reflow the solder on the bottom. Also the xclamping (removing them and using bolts/washers instead) and extra fans do help providing the unit is re flowed properly in the first place.

Open up one of the new ones and see what they have done to the cpu/gpu area..."Heat/Xclamps is not a major issue" MS said once. Yeah ok!

OP if you were closer id offer to do it for you for a nominal fee.

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
Thats usually because people rush what they are doing and don't keep the heat on long enough. As long as it is done properly then there is no reason why it won't last.

The "reballing" is just down to making sure enough heat (but not too much) gets through the CPU/GPU and starts to reflow the solder on the bottom. Also the xclamping (removing them and using bolts/washers instead) and extra fans do help providing the unit is re flowed properly in the first place.

Open up one of the new ones and see what they have done to the cpu/gpu area..."Heat/Xclamps is not a major issue" MS said once. Yeah ok!

OP if you were closer id offer to do it for you for a nominal fee.

Arggg, suck that everything is so far away