ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

redid my boot in my clio...

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
made myself a false floor, then rewired my amp and sub with some quality cables, made sure all the conectors were ok, then recarpetted the floor and screwed the sub and amp down, so now if a chav tries to steal them, ill laugh as he struggles for a second before my 3 iron is wrapped around his ears!!!

let me know what you think, its simple but i think it looks good, stops it rolling around etc!

Last edited:
  BMW F31
how did you manage to get the profile around the edge coming down the sides to fit exactly with the arches etc?

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
nah mate, basically some good work with a saw, and some careful measurement!

looks better though because the material is longer in all dimensions, and then pushed underneath the timber, so makes it look spot on!

the floor is in several pieces aswell, so when i get a flatty i can easily get my tyre and jack out, fair bit of planning went into it but think its worth it!

just out of interest dont you get a lot of rattles in the car having a sub - the rear inside panels rattle like mad in my 172 without a sub - I have always had subs in all my cars but am too scared to in the 172 as it already rattles badly enough

Clio DCi 65
Looks awesom mate!

Might do summin like that wen i get it back from the garage,

i was thinking of a wooden floor, then a false one on top with the sub n amp in same place,

Do you use ur boot much or wa?

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
its not too bad, from the outside the spoiler vibrates a bit, but apart from that it isn't too bad.

its only a small sub, all i want really and i have the bass fairly low for background to improve the music sound.
i have had a 15" audiobahn in it that my mate wanted to see if it worked, i went to pick it up, and it nearly rattled my doors off, the sub us 750w RMS, my amp puts out 400rms, and that was too much on the lowest setting!

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Damo, don't use it much, going to make a cover for the amp, just a simple box to put over incase i do want to use the boot, just to make sure i dont damage it.
it is fairly easy to do, ive just cut 3 different parts of timber for it, they all fit nicely and no difference in floor level, then covered with the same carpet as the seat backs and boot interior has so it blends in fairly well.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
only problem with that is its not exactly to all of the edges, best thing to do is attack it in bits, then work out how many pieces it will have to be to get it in and out easy, depending on location of sub, and then make it up out of whatever material you need.

or pay me to do it!!!lol

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
cheers for the comments, done it different about 3 times then ended up not liking it, so decided to do a decent job and keep it simple!

now im out of debt my car will be changing, next is some turbines, hopefully they wont have been sold by the end of the month!

VW Golf TDI
clio 1.6 16v said:
how did you manage to get the profile around the edge coming down the sides to fit exactly with the arches etc?

Take the boot carpet out and cut around it thats how I did it im my saxo and corsa works a treat, everyone used to ask me how I got it so neat....

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
carpet i bought from a local motorworld, meant for sub box's but that doesnt matter, £15 for 1m x 2m.

how u mean screwing to?

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
yeh, made a false floor which the amp is screwed to, and the sub had a hole where it sits and then screwed into the box to hold it in place.