ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ref:- all the roll cage talk

clio 172
Definately wanting a cage, ive seen all the group buys and pretty much put my name down for one depending on the front bit of the cage. Has anyone had experience with a cage like this?

What does everyone think about this?

E30 318iS x2
What're you refering to exactly? your question isn't very clear bud.

You asking what it's like to live with a full roll cage?

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
I love cages but would hate to add weight back, I would probably get one if I fitted a supercharger/itb's/turbo etc, obviously helps stiffen the car up assuming you get a proper one which is always a bonus.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Ive seen one fitted, looks good but meant to be abit of a c**t to fit from what ive heard.

Be prepared to have to make mounts/feet for the cage to sit on with OMP ones, as the ones they provide are nowhere near correct...

Whats the cage for, show or trackdays?

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Can't see the point tbh. As said, front cage without a helmet isn't a great idea.

clio 172
Cage will be for track days, is the front of this cage not removable i.e. does it have to be welded it, as ive heard sum ppl talkin about the front being fairly easy to remove?

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Cage will be for track days, is the front of this cage not removable i.e. does it have to be welded it, as ive heard sum ppl talkin about the front being fairly easy to remove?

Look at the picture in the link you've posted. It is clearly welded together as one cage, ie non-removeable front :)

you'd have to get the footplates welded into the car for the cage to mount to also really, or it would be pointless even having it in there.

The clio's floorpan where the main hoop would be fitted is about as thick as a piece of paper, so you wouldnt be able to just bolt straight to it, not to mention the cage is designed for use with mounts that need to be welded in anyways