ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Refurbished Apple products

RB One Eight Two
Has anyone bought any refurbished products? I'm looking at getting an iPad 2 but not sure whether to get a refurbished one or spend the extra £50 and get a brand new one? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Once it's out of the box, it's impossible to tell the difference.

Just decide if you want to be spend £40 extra to get a white iPad box.

Apple refurbs are brand new and come with the exact same warranty as a 'fresh' one.

The only difference is that it will be in a brown box. It will still have all the plastic wrappers on it!

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Had a quick glance at that page, I'd just get the refurbed one, still has warranty and the 2 week return date, could you live without an iPad box though? If not, buy one off eBay :p

RB One Eight Two
Cheers for your replies guys. £40 for a original box which is going to be put in the cupboard is abit stupid if you ask me so I will probably opt for a refurB.

It's still a refurb, no matter how new it looks.

I'd spend the £50 and not risk having an already used battery etc.

lm_tile_refurbipad.jpg

330Ci (Fail)Sport
I'd have already ordered a refurb by now. Don't see the problem myself.

Besides, if you ever have to get it replaced, you'll probably end up with a refurb anyway.

My iPad 2 I got last week was a refurb.

They re-case them, so the exterior is brand new anyway, no scratches/scuffs.

It was £40 less, which pays for a case/cover. Comes with 12 months warranty, was a no brainer for me, I can't see any disadvantage.

DB.

BMW 440i
Id rather buy new, it's just me.

And also, if you sell it on, always better with the original white iPad box.

Id rather buy new, it's just me.

And also, if you sell it on, always better with the original white iPad box.

True. But the difference won't be much different to the £40 when it comes to selling.

After this item, I'd happily buy a refurb iMac/Pro (I've never bought refurbs/reconditioned before).

DB.

BMW 440i
Price difference/saving is quite significant with the iMac etc so i can understand that!

Ah well, i won't be buying an iPad until the 3 is out. No need for one yet, but want one for the summer/going back to uni next year. (On placement atm). Will just buy the gf a new iPad2 as it's a present!

I'm pretty sure when you buy a new product they send you a refurbished one anyway!

In my saga of getting a working and new looking MPB, all four I received looked like refurbed ones.

Never above 25mpg
I bought my iPad refurbed from Apple and it was mint. Bit anal to pay extra because it's "new".

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
dude if your iPad or iPhone goes wrong in the time you own it and apple replace it in store... you get a refurb not a new one lol

Never above 25mpg
Go clothes shopping in the market/car boots often?

Not unless they're branded as refurbished ;) Pair of jeans for 20p don't usually fit anyway!!

When it's an electrical item that's been refurbished it's a different matter. Like me asking if you cut the meat from the cow yourself rather than going to McDonalds?

The principal of the matter is that you're getting a basically new product for less.

Only thing is internally the components have been used before but it's new casing and warranty like new. £40 extra for a picture on the box of the ipad makes nil sense.

Not that I needed to justify anything I suppose. Tinternet an all.