ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Refused insurance

Whilst I was renewing my home insurance with Norwich Union they offered me a quote on my 172 Cup as the renewal date is late November. Apparently they are doing a special offer of 14 months cover for the price of 12 months if you already have home insurance with them.

After putting all my details in the lady said that they could not give me a quote because of the high performance of the car and my age. I said to her that is a bit strange as I am 23 with 4 years NCB and no points. She agreed and said she would refer it to her manager but the price would probably still be fairly high.

Seems strange that they will not quote me though. Not bothered in the slightest cos I know I can get cover for about £700 through Elephant come renewal time.

Tim

300bhp MR2 Turbo

Strange cause norwich union usually are very cheap.

You wont have any problems insuring with with fncb though. Mate of mines 21 and got fncb and drives a 2 year old Golg GTI turbo. Cost £900 fc.

172 Cup

Some places are like that. My old mans with Tesco (I insured my 172 through Tesco a few years ago) and tried to add me to his 520 and was told it was too powerful for me. Im 27 ffs...

300bhp MR2 Turbo

Theyre fickle. I managed to blag the MR2 after persuading the broker that the Clio 16v I prev drove was a serious performance car. Which it is but he didnt know much about it.

He said had it been a Willy my premium would have been cheaper.

Punto/Clio GTT

Quote: Originally posted by Matt16v on 28 October 2004

Theyre fickle. I managed to blag the MR2 after persuading the broker that the Clio 16v I prev drove was a serious performance car. Which it is but he didnt know much about it.

He said had ide given him some Willy my premium would have been cheaper.

:eek:

Fiesta ST

mate that so weird...the exact same thing has happened to my girlfriend just now, refused her on the size of the engine and age, she is 22 and got 5 yrs ncb. ah well there loss

Willy, Willy 2, V6

btw i was refused from esure and first alternative on my willy when i was looking for quotes. simply bec0z im not 25 yet tho.