ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Reg bulb Clio 172

Clio 172 ph2
Need a little help here guys. So noticed that the reg bulb was out today which I thought fairly simple to do just take out and replace with a new one which I did.

But after replacing the bulb it still didn’t work but noticed that the rear side light was also out so I checked the fuse and the fuse was goin so put a new one in and rear side light comes on great.

But still no reg light working checked the wires they look fairly fine to me. And I believe that the side light fuse is connected to the rear side light fuse if that’s correct? Just in case I am changing the wrong fuse lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

monaco 172
check for voltage on the wires a bit further down.

also take out both clusters and give all the contacts and earths a good clean

PH2 172
So you replaced the original bulb without checking it for continuity, nor that of it`s replacement?

Clio 172 ph2
So you replaced the original bulb without checking it for continuity, nor that of it`s replacement?

Yeah that’s right. Main reason I thought it was just a bulb or a fuse was mainly because it was flickering on and off for a couple of days n then finally gave up n I though must be the bulb or fuse

PH2 172
Yeah that’s right. Main reason I thought it was just a bulb or a fuse was mainly because it was flickering on and off for a couple of days n then finally gave up n I though must be the bulb or fuse
Bulbs fail, fuses blow, flickering will be poor contact in the spaghetti.

GavC

ClioSport Club Member
  Black Gold 182FF
Use a multimeter to check if it's being fed with electricity. If you don't have one, clean the metal clip in the base of the holder. They are prone to corrosion that'll cause a bad connection