ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Release keys for Renault headunit?

wsc

1.2 16v Extreme 3, 2005
How would you go about making your own lol?
Get a metal hanger and bend it into shape, will that work?

I used some paperclips! God knows how they were strong enough though...

You can get keys cheap from eBay. or any car audio shop will be able to remove it for you.

RS 172+
Would have though coat hangers were too thick? Halfords do them... European set is what you need.

Using a proper set you can get a good purchase to extract the unit.

How do you guys encourage the unit forward using home made gear?

IF you use precision screw drivers you can push them up in a v shape (gently) so it grips and just pull forwards!!

SQ5
Just push the two ends of coat hangers outwards and pull! Slides out very easily!

Old metal coathangers are about 2mm, the ones I had were anyway :p

Clio MK3 Work in progress
Yeah i use coat hanger on mine, jus cut a length about 6 inches long, and then bend in half. Make two of these.

i bought the Halfords ones as i couldn't be bothered faffing and felt flush at the time - they're 5-'kin-quid though!

would have thought you'd easily get away with improv., as all they do is push in a spring clip either side of the unit

5 quid.. :dead:

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
I work at halfords, if were out of stock on the removal keys. My advice to customers: Coathangers all the way IMO. Works all the time. However if the coathanger is week its difficult to bend them on the ford units. Cos u have to push them in, then bend them to release it but of course the hanger metal bends :p

EDIT: If guys come in with there car and want it removinh, i do it then n there for free cos we have a set of keys/removal tools :)