ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

relocation kit

K20 EG Hatch

tbh mate i dint really notice a difference with a ktec filter an relocation pipe!sounds a lil bit better but not much!

let me know how u get on with urs!

BMW 335d

ive had the filter on for a while. was just told this should make an improvement because there will be a lot more cold air getting to it

Suzuki SV1000S

Makes alot of diff when you add an exhaust system mate. I had the same kit on my 1.2 16v. Not as much sound as a 1.6 upwards though

2004 Clio 1.2 16v

cheers peep u just saved me money ......was about to buy a relocation kit for mine but will just keep the piperX kit on with the cold air feed instead

iv got the relocation kit and find it much better main reson i got it was when i got my 17s i had ik kit like above without relocation where it gets loads of hot air got the pipe and found it noticably better obv not alot but mainly after 80 onward will pull up the revs better althu a cheeper way would be to run a feed and prob do the same job looks nicer thu but i need to clean it reg its always full of sh*t

M140i/Orange 182

is there a kit comming out for 1.2s with air con, coz i will defo get 1 then! does it make a good sound? or not?

it is worthwhile relocating the filter to the front of the engine bay, but only if you are going to modify the front grill, otherwise there is no cold air feed as the grill has a splash guard to stop the engine getting comvered in shite

you wont really notice any difference as the power you may gain will be negligable, there is no difference in noise, except the filter will whistle a little more at revs above 5k

HTH

Bryan

as for sound iv always had my zorst so i cant hear engine or ma ik sucking air im shure u can get it and mod the bracket to support it else where only reson its not for aircon cause pipe has wit welded that bolts on engine where aircon is but the viper is still the best but i wouldnt pay 250 for a 1.2 16v

I have now combined my relo kit with the k-tec centre exit exhaust system.

The two combined make a great noise, and now I have the k-tec chrome grill the airflow to the piperX is much improved. Overall I have noticed a difference.

Rik

BMW 335d

fitted it last nite. i dont get the noise when i pull off anymore but it whistles nicely higher up the rev range. car feels smoother too.

RB 197 Cup

ive got the hillpower induction kit. it comes with the relocation kit and a heat shield around the filter. definatly makes a difference in noise and power especially around 3500 revs

"The two combined make a great noise, and now I have the k-tec chrome grill the airflow to the piperX is much improved. Overall I have noticed a difference."

How much did you pay for your front grill if you dont mind me asking?

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

Quote: Originally posted by Dopey on 31 March 2004

"The two combined make a great noise, and now I have the k-tec chrome grill the airflow to the piperX is much improved. Overall I have noticed a difference."

How much did you pay for your front grill if you dont mind me asking?
Did you have to cut away the plastic around the Grill? To allow the airflow?!

might b wrong if i remember right the grill set me back about 100 squid u need to cut old grill right off to fit it and only way ur getting more air to ik is if u cut or put holes in plastic about 100mm behind the steel grill for the air to get threw iv not did this cause me recons the way its shaped the water will piss threw n e way enough air gets in between the light and grill and at the bottom of ur bumper left hand side from outsied beside the fogs theres a black plastic square about 300mm long if unclip the top it bevils back flinging air straight to the ik above it