ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Remap and Induction kit really worth it?

Clio Sport 182
Okay, so I was looking along the forums and noone really can decide whether or not the remap is a good idea or not. It will be around £400 and I was wondering if it is really worth spending that much money and will I see enough of a difference ti warrant the money... any ideas?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
The car will benefit much more from spending the money elsewhere imo.

It's a case of what you prefer tbh. I'd rather spend £400 on sorting the handling out so that you can use whatever power you've got to its maximum.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I wouldn't skint myself tbh, £400 is a decent amount to me so no I probably wouldn't bother.

Fiesta ST2 MP215
I'd do the RS tuner for £100 and spend £300 on new shocks, TRE's to sort it out, if it hasn't had them in the past they are likely to be knackered, Koni make a set sold on ebay for £150 for the fronts which are OE standard but are made to work with springs up to 40MM lower, which isn't a bad buy for the cost and if you do lower it in the future you'll knacker the std shocks.

Clio Sport 182
I'd do the RS tuner for £100 and spend £300 on new shocks, TRE's to sort it out, if it hasn't had them in the past they are likely to be knackered, Koni make a set sold on ebay for £150 for the fronts which are OE standard but are made to work with springs up to 40MM lower, which isn't a bad buy for the cost and if you do lower it in the future you'll knacker the std shocks.
£100 for a RS tuner remap... Where are you looking :O

Range Rover Sport
By the time you buy a second hand one and re-sell it on, it probably would only cost £100?

Fiesta ST2 MP215
What Midnight said, Buy for £100, Map for €29 and unlock for €49, resell RStuner on afterwards for the same price as everyone else does Job Jobbed.