ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Remap/Chips

Lotus Evora
Hi guys,

Ive done some work on the 172 and Im pleased to say its all worked really well. With the bits I've done i was running a tenth or 2 quicker than a front running clio cup car at rockingham and i had a passenger weighing me down too, so everything seems to be working as i want. But with the decat, exhaust and induction while it has made it feel a little better and the results show it clearly must be to keep up with the cup car on the straights, Im sure that if it was properly mapped it would work even better. Are there any kits for the 172 that aren't too expensive? I don't want to waste money on the engine but I'm sure it will do it good.

The reason i wonder is I've recently got my Lotus back, I've had a full 2bular exhaust fitted and a remap. The exhaust removes 2 precats and replaces the main cat for a sports cat. The hardware gives it about 12-15hp more (tested on another car same exhaust), but with a proper remap too its given almost 40hp more (i had a before and after on the same dyno) I know thats just numbers, but in practice it feels much sharper and more responsive - and that was with a relatively conservative map. I don't expect gains like that on the clio, nor do i want to spend anything like that amount of money, but I'm sure I've seem some basic kits that adjust things to make better use of the improved flow.

Apart from fitting a front brace, some stiffer springs and possibly a cage i think I'm just about done with it now - thanks to all here for some very helpful advice choosing the right bits.