ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Remap for Lexus IS220D, any suggestions or warnings

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
Hi All

Can anyone recommend someone in the North West who can Remap my Lexus IS220D, no one seems to want to do it?
Any feedback would be much appreciated.:clown:

Williams 2
I didn't think these could be re-mapped?

Was going to buy one a few years ago and the reviews said it felt under-powered so I looked into remaps and apparently it couldn't be done.

Lionel Richie
Paul (RS Tuning) has all sorts of magical wizzard electronic gear, if he can't do it then i doubt anyone can

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
I didn't think these could be re-mapped?

Was going to buy one a few years ago and the reviews said it felt under-powered so I looked into remaps and apparently it couldn't be done.

Ive asked a few companies, none of which seem keen... Makes me wonder whether its risky... Engines been rebuilt under warranty.. Its pretty quick though..

which model IS220d ? the sport model was ok as the rear diff actually was correct for the car , the se and SEL models were just appalling ..... i owned one , and i have to say its the first car i have owned that actualls says in the manual do not use 6th gear below 75mph , i kid you not its there in black and white. Nobody pointed out to lexus that the uk speed limit was 70mph !!

I would not remap it , there have been serious issues with the engine , mine must have cost Lexus a fortune in warranty over the 3 years so many engine and drive train issues it was unreal , mapping it would be suicide.

the biggest clue is this ..... Lexus pulled the whole diesel setup , they do not sell the is220d any more , they switched to the 200d which was woeful and then realised they had hugely got it wrong and pulled the diesel range.

there is a reason yours has already had a rebuilt engine under warranty ,

read the lexus forum , and try not to weep , if not this nice 72 page pistonheads thread might help the 3rd or 4th thread down where he states his mpg and faults in 3 years .... i really felt sorry for my dealer .

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&t=878728&d=0&nmt=

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
which model IS220d ? the sport model was ok as the rear diff actually was correct for the car , the se and SEL models were just appalling ..... i owned one , and i have to say its the first car i have owned that actualls says in the manual do not use 6th gear below 75mph , i kid you not its there in black and white. Nobody pointed out to lexus that the uk speed limit was 70mph !!

I would not remap it , there have been serious issues with the engine , mine must have cost Lexus a fortune in warranty over the 3 years so many engine and drive train issues it was unreal , mapping it would be suicide.

the biggest clue is this ..... Lexus pulled the whole diesel setup , they do not sell the is220d any more , they switched to the 200d which was woeful and then realised they had hugely got it wrong and pulled the diesel range.

there is a reason yours has already had a rebuilt engine under warranty ,

read the lexus forum , and try not to weep , if not this nice 72 page pistonheads thread might help the 3rd or 4th thread down where he states his mpg and faults in 3 years .... i really felt sorry for my dealer .

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&t=878728&d=0&nmt=

WOW cheers ill read that now... Mine is multimedia...

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
WOW cheers ill read that now... Mine is multimedia...

I bought mine 2nd hand and called dealer when it went into limp mode.. I googled and read that it could be a catalytic converter fault and expected a 2k repair bill..
I was delighted when dealer said it was covered by warranty, and then did 7k worth of engine work.. My wife loves it... Had a brand new merc on loan which felt cheap and tacky in comparison.. Mark Levinson Stereo is the best thing Ive ever heard.. Its like having Adelle singing from the back seat :)

I bought mine 2nd hand and called dealer when it went into limp mode.. I googled and read that it could be a catalytic converter fault and expected a 2k repair bill..
I was delighted when dealer said it was covered by warranty, and then did 7k worth of engine work.. My wife loves it... Had a brand new merc on loan which felt cheap and tacky in comparison.. Mark Levinson Stereo is the best thing Ive ever heard.. Its like having Adelle singing from the back seat :)

ride is harsh even on 17's the seats sag the warrenty issues were endless i had 4 new alloys every 10k service due to corrosion , its well specced and if you put it up against a like for like specced merc audi or bmw you realise its not as good , the plastics on the dash are poor and why have a light glowwing to tell me the air bag is on ??? tell me its off ffs

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
ride is harsh even on 17's the seats sag the warrenty issues were endless i had 4 new alloys every 10k service due to corrosion , its well specced and if you put it up against a like for like specced merc audi or bmw you realise its not as good , the plastics on the dash are poor and why have a light glowwing to tell me the air bag is on ??? tell me its off ffs

LOL so not a fan, I thought the build quality was much better then the MERC I had which was an AMG and my spec is better as there was stuff I was missing..
Just remember being glad to get it back..
This thread was RE mapping which I think ill skip.

Great Advice Cheers All

Leon Cupra 300
Nice cars.. Like the IS250, love the ISF, just wish they'd do something to bridge the gap because I can't afford an ISF!

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
I wouldn't bother no offence but it's the worst Diesel engine in the world

LOL no offence taken, been on to Lexus Chester today, after previously telling me that they arent good on fuel Im now being told that its acceptable to lose a litre of oil every 1000 miles however 3000 miles is the norm wtf!!! Why has engine light only started coming on since they did £7k worth of engine work?

LOL no offence taken, been on to Lexus Chester today, after previously telling me that they arent good on fuel Im now being told that its acceptable to lose a litre of oil every 1000 miles however 3000 miles is the norm wtf!!! Why has engine light only started coming on since they did £7k worth of engine work?

I will find the list of faults I had over 3 years ... had it not been for warranty we are talking over 10 k in work in fact proberbly over 15k ... I had a new 6k drivers seat (heated cooled elec) ... running one outside warranty does not bear thinking about

Padso

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc

Except she wouldn't be able to fit in the back seat.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
My mate had one...

The dealership he bought it from never told him it had an engine rebuild. Did about 30 mpg cruising at 70 odd on the motorway. Had great spec but engine was insane.

He kicked off within a few days of having it once he found out and demanded his money back and his car he exchanged. Took a few days but managed ot hand it back and not lose a penny.

My mate had one...

The dealership he bought it from never told him it had an engine rebuild. Did about 30 mpg cruising at 70 odd on the motorway. Had great spec but engine was insane.

He kicked off within a few days of having it once he found out and demanded his money back and his car he exchanged. Took a few days but managed ot hand it back and not lose a penny.

yep and i used to see mid 20's in town 35 tops on a motoway cruise , the garage told me it was how i drove it , so i asked why the petrol v6 auto i had while they looked at mine did the same mpg ...... the single worst diesel engine EVER and thats comparing it to the sherpa van diesel i had years ago in a montego

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
I will find the list of faults I had over 3 years ... had it not been for warranty we are talking over 10 k in work in fact proberbly over 15k ... I had a new 6k drivers seat (heated cooled elec) ... running one outside warranty does not bear thinking about

Fingers crossed they will sort it out because it was faultless prior to them rebuilding engine.. If not it will be my last lexus.

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
yep and i used to see mid 20's in town 35 tops on a motoway cruise , the garage told me it was how i drove it , so i asked why the petrol v6 auto i had while they looked at mine did the same mpg ...... the single worst diesel engine EVER and thats comparing it to the sherpa van diesel i had years ago in a montego

There's some unscrupulous dealers around..

Focus RS mk1
I was a tech for lexus for 10 half years and im not goin to lie to you, the 220d engine was the biggest mistake lexus ever did, we was replacing 3 engines a week a 1 stage, everyday we would have atleast 1 maybe 2 recovered in for p0400 (EGR)-p2002 (DPF catalytic converter). Piston rings was burning oil too which they did modified parts for and headgaskets are very weak! In the end we stopped rebuilding them and lexus was just sending out prebuilt engines to us. Saying this though lexus was very very very generous with there warrenty on these!!!

MPG was very random, i would get 1 car in on average 46mpg and another on 27mpg, every car seemed to be different and luck of the draw.

With the engine problems i have seen with rings, headgaskets, egrs and cats coking up i can only imagine a remap would make these problems worse

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
I was a tech for lexus for 10 half years and im not goin to lie to you, the 220d engine was the biggest mistake lexus ever did, we was replacing 3 engines a week a 1 stage, everyday we would have atleast 1 maybe 2 recovered in for p0400 (EGR)-p2002 (DPF catalytic converter). Piston rings was burning oil too which they did modified parts for and headgaskets are very weak! In the end we stopped rebuilding them and lexus was just sending out prebuilt engines to us. Saying this though lexus was very very very generous with there warrenty on these!!!

MPG was very random, i would get 1 car in on average 46mpg and another on 27mpg, every car seemed to be different and luck of the draw.

With the engine problems i have seen with rings, headgaskets, egrs and cats coking up i can only imagine a remap would make these problems worse

Cheers mate, ill defo swerve that idea.. See what they comeback with RE my oil issues and might look at getting shut.. Its so nice to drive though haha