ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Remap Sorted (sort of) Speedo vids LOLage editing

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
Had a few issues with the S3 Bluefin remap as per the last thread, I think the biggest problem has been the power the late cars make. Book is 260hp..but they are rolling at 280/285 so the map just isn't as effective as it should be.

Ive sent some data from VCDS (vag-com) to Bluefin and they are working on a map now but have supplied this for the time being, its not bad tbh...feels a lot more pokey and seems to have a good kick of torque. In gear times are most improved.

LOL @ my video edit skilz.

note the second 15-80 time jumps and makes it look longer than it should, can't get iMovie to fix it :/

Last edited by a moderator:

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
So your car standard is 5.3 seconds 0-70mph?

Really?

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
That's still very quick, M3 pace! Whats the book time out of interest?

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Quicker than I thought!
How much was the bluefin? Worth it for .4 of a second?

(not being a c**t either, just asking)

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
Quicker than I thought!
How much was the bluefin? Worth it for .4 of a second?

(not being a c**t either, just asking)

£364 hmm, not for the 0-60 no, in gear it pulls quicker. Engine feels much better all over (like it should of come from factory really)

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
I hate the whole 0-60 thing. 0-100 gives you a better idea of how quick a car is imo.

Took me three hours to make that you git lol.

Im flying on sunday so if let me on the runway ill do a 0-100 once the new map is on.

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
LOL. Meh, Vag transmission are solid. S3's/R32's running 700hp on standard transmission (with uprated clutch)

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
When you hand this back to audi, will you get any money out of it?

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
When you hand this back to audi, will you get any money out of it?

In what respect? If I dont purchase at the end (which I wont unless its good value) then It goes back and I keep the bluefin and they reset it for next car for a small fee.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
I mean the car sorry.

Do you think you'll get your deposit back out if it?

Suzuki Swift Sport
Looks impressive, does the launch control cause much wear on the clutch? The launches looks surprisingly forgiving on the car! Those DSG boxes are impressive!

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
Looks impressive, does the launch control cause much wear on the clutch? The launches looks surprisingly forgiving on the car! Those DSG boxes are impressive!

I've had it on a few DSG boxes now, never had any issues. Only time I've used it is on them vids, would feel a bit of a prat at the lights lol.

The manual cars get clutch slip at 320hp/lbft. The DSG will run 370 with no slip. Supposed to be harder wearing.

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
Yeah, seems to be a lot more perky! much much better top end. Happy as now :)

Will do a 30-70 , 0-100 at the weekend

M135i
Wow, looks seriously quick.

Really really really want an S3 now. Had enough my JDM hoonery now and feel its time to grow up. Only thing putting me off is the potential new A3 later this year...

I'm guessing now that your car is Bluefinned, surely its not that far off an RS3's pace now is it?

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
Think it's about the same due to slight weight advantage. Mental quick cars the rs3's. Serious torque and with a map they roll 400hp

Renaultsport Clio 197
damn dsg gearbox.
my stage 2 s4 b5 with 320ish bhp would lose in a short drag race :)
I can't get mine under 6 seconds... damn manual :)

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
Yea the box makes things easy. Just hold the accelerator with one foot and the break with the other. Jump off the break and it does the rest.

Not all about 0-60 tho, bet the b5 shifts in gear!

Renaultsport Clio 197
it does, especially 4th gear :)
But I can't seem to leave newer audis with dsg from a 'dig' ... only bmw m3 /335 etc . They spin and I fly away :)

s3 is a damn fast car and is SICK with a bigger turbo kit.
Are you considering a downpipe with a sports cat or a decat even? that's another 15ish bhp

Astra SRI/ Hornet
they look nice cars and all and probs quite fast but god is that a boring engine. there should just be a button with go on it instead of actual driving controls.