ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Remap without a rolling road?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I've known people crash and have died due to mapping on the road, its pretty irresponsible. Anyhow I'm not going to preach I'm sure you know the risks.

Agreed, hence I said earlier on in the thread that I use rolling roads when its a car that needs mapping at 160mph or whatever, its just not safe (for your license or your life) to do on the road.

Tweenie Rob (jap car mapper who was very well known) died quite recently (oct 2009) exactly like that in fact :(

Last edited:
I already have a dci 80 intercooler, are you saying upgrade it? The fit some dci 80 injectors and get a custom remap? Would the internals handle the extra power?

I already have a dci 80 intercooler, are you saying upgrade it? The fit some dci 80 injectors and get a custom remap? Would the internals handle the extra power?
as I said earlier 80 injectors and the 8- intercoolr makes you engine for all intents and purpose a 80 engine. jusst missing a small bit of boost. How muchy power you get depends what turbo you use and how ddfar you will push it there one owner on here who got 137hp with a bigger turbo and exhaust etc but it was a problem in some ways and had pushed the pump a lot further than it should have beeen,

Could you push the turbo higher by a custom map? And i mean would the crank etc cope with the extra power from 65bhp

The internals of the engine for the 65 and 80 are the same.

could push the turbo furthere for more boost but its not going to take much more effficiently if you want a reasonable amount of useful extra boost (after all 2 bar means nothing if the airs hot and the turbines restricting flow.

Yeh i know, but its pushing more than 80 at the moment. And i got told it runs at around 1.1bar with a generic remap, could you not up it to say 1.3bar with a custom map?

Yeh i know, but its pushing more than 80 at the moment. And i got told it runs at around 1.1bar with a generic remap, could you not up it to say 1.3bar with a custom map?

Stock is 1.2 bar so not sure Im trusting your mapper realy

More boost doesn't mean either more power or more potential power as the extra boost might not be much use.

You could up the boost 1.3 is where the wastegate kicks in but this could be adjusted but the point is the engine not going to be efficient with stock turbo and massivly upped boost.

If i asked for a custom map what would i ask for exactly?

What do you want from the map? THey can if there any good make it to what you wantt ie smoky all out torquee all out hp drivability etc.

depends how good they are few mappers are much use and know what to do.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
No mapper can map past the physical limits of the Injectors and intercooler.

Mapping is a science not a magic trick.

Clio RS 172 /Trafic
I had my Nissan Primastar remapped by Collins Performance in Congleton. I don't know what the power went up to but it felt much smoother and the acceleration was much better. Also the fuel economy improved as well. I was told the power increase was around 30%. I have good friend who does mapping but he only does aftermarket ECU's. IE Gems, Emerald, DTA etc. He is extremely good at what he does and always delivers a top job no matter how long it takes. Steve Greenald, Race Engine Calibration. 07774773824 greenald@aol.com . He's based at Rainham in Essex. He has a rolling road and 2 dyno cells, one for petrol engines and one for diesels.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Steve and steve at track and road are superb at what they do, you'll struggle to find any complaints about their work, although you might find a few about their time keeping. Lol