ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Remapping claim

Nissan 350Z
One of my friends works for a mobile remapping company up here, and just out of interest, I decided to have a look if my 172 was one of the vehicles they could remap, and it turns out it is!

http://www.mobileecuremapping.co.uk/vehicles/?Carstat=27

Its claiming a power hike of 17 bhp which seems a tad ambitious though for an NA 2.0 engine???? Thats not going to happen, is it? And even if it does, would you actually notice much difference? I'm sure I could get this for mates rates if need be ;)

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Unless they are slapping in cams/ turbo/ flux capacitor etc you have 2 hopes of getting 17bhp from a map

1) Put car on a RR
2) Offer to pay triple the asking price for the remap if it makes an extra 17BHP or nothing if it makes less than half that
3) Post results here, having just paid nothing?

Nissan 350Z
1) Put car on a RR
2) Offer to pay triple the asking price for the remap if it makes an extra 17BHP or nothing if it makes less than half that
3) Post results here, having just paid nothing?

I like it. He does offer a money back guarantee though... hmmmm!

What's a Clio 2.0 16V? Or a Clio 2.0 16V RS 180? 100% BS regardless pal. Stay clear.

Yeah I saw that. I'm assuming they mean a 182. Who knows, lol.

They make an 18 bhp claim for the Pug 306 GTI-6 too.

If I had a turbo of some description, I'd probably go for it.

53 Clio's & counting
As said, there is no way in hells chance of it getting that much power, but if its a good map you may get half a dozen or so mate, but id stay away if I were you - A lot of these maps give a few peak gains but loose power at low/mid range which is just pointless gaining a few bhp at 7000rpm but loosing 15 bhp at 4000 rpm