ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Remote Control Cars

I was thinking about getting a remote control car either a nitro powered one or a petrol one. What do you guys recommend? Where is the best place to buy one from?

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Good fun but you'll be bored in a few hours unless you get your self along to a club that has a track, I got mega carried away lol

DSC00143.jpg

DSC04989.jpg

Nitro for fun & sound, my one above has the 2 speed box, Had it fully prepared for 1:10 touring class, clocked just over 85mph on the straights but does need constant care to keep it runing its best... then the used to race the electric class, Just as much fun but without the constant care, The electric was just as fast on track as the nitro, electric ones have really come on with time

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
ive had a few nitro powerd rc cars, great fun when they are going but they fuk up all the time, my electric ones were far more fun imo + nitro cars really fuked off my neighbours.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
nitro is great for about an hour then they just end up causing problems. electric is much more fun imo charge it run it throw it back in the garage then charge it 3 years later and use it again no f**king about with trying to start it again

Clio MK 4
I was really into remote control cars when i was 16 odd. Had an electric one and coulndt help but buy better parts all the time lol. Going to clubs racing others is good fun

Qashcow
yea everywhere does RTR nowadays and its poop. half the fun is building it in the first place. i sold all my kit a few years ago and wish i hadnt, just for a boring sunday afternoon's fun.

ive had both, nitro was annoying, messy and constantly went wrong and needed money spending on it, battery lasted less time per run but overcome with 4 batteries etc. battery next time.

ive had Schumacher, Losi and HPI over the years, Losi was just outstanding

e91 330d/type r mini
fg are amazing and take a right beating and they run on normal fuel, also you dont have to spend every 5 minutes tuning them like the nitros cars, you just fill up and away you go for 45 mins
here was mine
Photo0148.jpg

Photo0146.jpg

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup

Cracking kit, dropped the Picco 21 race engine in mine, had to loose the cooling fan but it was quick :cool:.... Shame i didnt buy a £20 fail safe as it may have still been with me today.. when they go smash... they go bad :(

RB 182
Jesus! How did you control that? The car could 4 wheel powerslide around corners with just that little engine in!! Agree about them getting damaged, my throttle arm snapped on full chat but a flower bed saved the day lol. Vintage cars needing spare parts FTL!!

alien green rs133
i have a tmaxx. i reccomend "hop'n up" to alloy suspension parts and the plastic ones snap when you drop of 30foot cliffs :S

Clio IV 0,9 Tce
bin thinking about a r/c car to really fancy building it from a kit tho but u dont see many

I chose mine, cause i wanted to build it myself. IMO a great part of the fun, and you will get to know your car alot better. When i finish the buggy i am thinking about also get an onroad car, i know a place where they race them every saturday.

SG9 Forester STi
Jesus! How did you control that? The car could 4 wheel powerslide around corners with just that little engine in!! Agree about them getting damaged, my throttle arm snapped on full chat but a flower bed saved the day lol. Vintage cars needing spare parts FTL!!

Lol, drift tyres ftw.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
i want to start this but there aint a club or anything round here that i know of :(

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup

Longer Final drive made it much better at low speeds ;) shame it was just so restriced for space when the shell was on, fuel tank was tiny, esecially after the conversion!

Have spent god knows how much on rc cars over the years, T-maxx, HPI RS4 with all the HPI up-grades, Tamiya TL-01, Kyosho sand master.. all happy memorys :D... and alot cheaper than "real car tuning"

Bux

Golf GTD
Here's my Tamiya TL01
Had it nearly 2 years now, sadly haven't used it in the last few months though :(
It's great fun for car park bashing, havn't had a chance to go to any clubs yet, just raced my mates cars :p

Gonna try and take it out in the christmas holidays

img0215z.jpg

img0217f.jpg

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I have an electric one in my loft I'm selling, built it about three years ago not used for like 2.5 years, loved it to bits, its got a scooby shell, in pretty damn good nick.

Just incase, ya know ;)

Funily enough, quite similar to the above :)

Bux

Golf GTD
I have an electric one in my loft I'm selling, built it about three years ago not used for like 2.5 years, loved it to bits, its got a scooby shell, in pretty damn good nick.

Just incase, ya know ;)

Funily enough, quite similar to the above :)

That's because scooby shells are great :cool:

MON

titty cup'd 182
I'm just about to buy a Traxxas Slash for my son's birthday. Wanted something that is pretty sturdy for a 9 year old to drive. Can't be bothered with petrol or nitro.

I never had an rc car when I was young, I can't wait to get my hands on it !