ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Remote Desktop Gateway Server - help needed :)

I have setup a Remote Desktop Gateway (Server 2008 R2). It is mainly being used as a gateway to RDP onto a 2008 R2 machine inside the network. Any user running Windows XP/Vista/Windows 7 can access this fine. However if you are running Server 2008 on the client machine we then hit problems.

To give you an example of how it is setup please see the diagram below

When a user running server 2008 tries to use the gateway it gets as far as the logon message. You click "OK" and it just sits there saying "Initialising Remote Connection"

On technet it states:- Computers running Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows Server 2008 cannot be used as NAP clients. Only computers running Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Windows XP Service Pack 3 can be used as NAP clients.

I have the option "Request clients to send a statement of health" unticked so I am guessing it isn't trying to use NAP? The eventlog is showing no errors, I have tried recreating the CAP/RAP after turning off the statement of health option but still no joy. Anyone got any ideas/tips to help me troubleshoot this?

Fiesta ST
hmm i could test this tomorrow for you and see if i get the same issue. Ive got a network setup similar somewhere.

Fiesta ST
Just having a few problems installing a self cert on the client 2008r2 box to connect to the TS Gateway.

Fiesta ST
yeah m8, sorry been on customers site nearly every day, I had a certificate problem on the 2008r2 box and just not had the time to sort that out. I've had a odd bug with RDP Client before on some windows 7 machines that would hang on "Initialising Remote Connection" where I had to disable the remote audio in the RDP client connection to a terminal services server and that worked for that, dunno if thats of help.