ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

remote turn-on lead???

clio 1.4 sport
im hooking up an amp for the first time and i have to connect the blue remote turn-on lead to the headunit wires- what colour is it in a 2000mark2 phase1 clio- is it still the blue cable ? cheers

Golf Mk3 Gti 8v
it sort of does. i had a big arguement with somebody who swore blind i wouldnt be able to do it with a standard clio mk2 stereo but i did. you have to use a volt tester or some sort of bulb. there are two wire currently going to your head unit one which is supplying the constant power so that it can remeber the radio sation n all that. and then there is a wire that will turn the stereo off when you turn off with the key. think this wire is a remote for the stereo just shave the plastic around that wire wrap the remote for the amp around it or use a sort of plug adapter and then it will work in sync with the stereo.

182 - Now Cooper S
i have the stadard head unit in my 04 182 and i have two subs fitted. All the remote wire does is send a signal to the amp when the ignition is turned on, so this means you can use the live fead at the back of the head unit. Simply strip a patch on this and solder on the remote cable and put some insulation tape round it to avoid fusing etc. The only down side to this is when you turn the car on you get a 1 pump from the subs as they turn on.

Good Luck.

clio 1.4 sport
sorry guys i have an aftermarket stereo- what i meant to ask was what colour in the ISO adapter is the remote turn-on lead- is it still the blue coloured cable?? cheers

clio 1.4 sport
anyone know - do i just join the blue lead from the amp to the blue lead on the iso block- is that the remote turn on connection??

Golf Mk3 Gti 8v
depends on the make of stereo may be diff colours for diff makes do what i said orgionall with testing each wire there is only 8.

Chocolate Bar™
it'll say in the manual for the headunit as they all have a wiring diagram, but its been blue on the two stereos ive done.

Da

Less
it will be blue or orange dependant on stereo. It's not hard to test or as above the manual will help ;)

Polo + Micra
for an after market hu it's going to be either blue with a white stripe or just blue

J

jamesy

near enough all aftermarket h/u's with a wired remote will have either a blue or blue and white wire i would'nt advise linking an amp remote to the h/u's power antenna as thats often about 2volt and you only need 0.5 for an amp 500ma;) also

J

jamesy

near enough all aftermarket h/u's with a wired remote will have either a blue or blue and white wire i would'nt advise linking an amp remote to the h/u's power antenna as thats often about 2volt and you only need 0.5 for an amp 500ma also this can potentially cause harm to the h/u;)

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Eh ??

The remote turn on lead is blue, the orange lead is to dimmer lead so that when you put your headlights on the lights on the stereo dim down so they dont blind you.

The amp draws virtually no current from the remote turn on lead, all it does is tell the amp its okay to start drawing power from the main (big) power cable that you run to it.

Golf Mk3 Gti 8v
4 foooks sake just find the ignition switch on the headunit and use that forget all this dogs do dahs about ahh wel if you do this then the current blablabla who gives a rats arse ive dun it on three cars and that was bout a year ago for each and they all work fine.

clio 1.4 sport
ok lads sorted it all today- it was the blue lead from the iso connection afterall - just if anyone wanted to know in future reference