ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removal of fuel tank! Help..

182 Sport 2.0I
Hello all,

Long story short.... :)o) does anyone have simple instructions on removing the fuel tank on a MK1 172. I have managed to accidently go through the filler pipe with a 8mm drill whilst fitting a roll cage. My fault.. I should have gone slower with the drill..

Also, would the car start with this hole in the pipe? Or would it fail due to fuel pressure.

Another question, would fibre glassing the pipe where the hole is be a good enough fix or can this pipe be replaced or is the whole things one item??

Cheers!

Rsport182Cup'd
Plug the hole, it can be "welded" back together, plastic welding is ok gor this job, i will have a look through my papers on the removal, the car will still run ok, the pressure is ok, the fuel tank has a breather any how.

182 Sport 2.0I
Al done. Took about 2 hours. about 30 minutes to remove.

Remove the back wheel undoo 2 screws 1 bolt and a jubilee clip. Bang it was off.