ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removing AC Unit (behind bulkhead)

R29TJR

ClioSport Club Member
  2005 RB 182 Cup
I made a start removing the AC unit from behind the bulkhead but having issues removing the below:

IMG_5588.JPG

As you can see I've removed the blower but I need to remove the whole unit to enable me to remove the AC elements but I can't for the life of me find the securing bolts/nuts.

I believe there are two bolts/nuts I need to remove from the interior however I can't locate them. I've read the PMS guide however this is of no help to me.

Any help would be great.

Tom

Sonic Boom

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Sport Ph1
There are two bolts you need to get too up above the pedal inside the car, it's really easy with the seat out, not so easy with it in lol
Rich

R29TJR

ClioSport Club Member
  2005 RB 182 Cup
There are two bolts you need to get too up above the pedal inside the car, it's really easy with the seat out, not so easy with it in lol
Rich

Cheers @Sonic Boom i did have a look last night but there are a few bolts under there!

Don’t suppose you or anyone else has a pic of the bolts/nuts I need to remove.

182 trackcar, XC60t6
Seem to remember lying on my back in the footwell with a good work lamp. Pull the insulation back and you will see them. Sorry no pic as my car is completely gutted now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
How did you get on with this mate,as this is i job i have to do also and had a quick look today.Did you removing all under the panel or just the pipes that go into the bulkhead?

R29TJR

ClioSport Club Member
  2005 RB 182 Cup
How did you get on with this mate,as this is i job i have to do also and had a quick look today.Did you removing all under the panel or just the pipes that go into the bulkhead?

I removed everything, was relatively simple tbh. I then replaced with a blower from a 172 Cup, you can only so this on a 182 Cup (not a Cup packed car).

aldo_87

ClioSport Club Member
  Campus 1*2
This is my concern, removing the blowers and AC from a original climate control car. I'm not sure I'll be able to run the povo/172 Cup blower unit as a replacement with a climate panel controlling the fan motor 😬.

I'm sure there will be some sort of work around.