ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removing ariel from roof?

1.4RT
My ariel is leaking water into the light fitting / remote control unit and I wanna seal it up. I'm assuming I can use a silicone sealant but how does the ariel cover come off, is it a prise off job or do I need to get more technical???

Any help very gratefully received!!!

inside the car? if we're talking mk1, pull the panel off that covers the interior lights, then press the clips in and pull out the circuit board, detach it and the central locking if need be. unscrew the arial off the underside and go outside and pull the arial out. bang a load of silicone inside and replace. be careful not to get any on the paintwork. inside, wipe away any excess off the contact and refit, then bang all the other stuff back in. job done.

if its not a mk1, i ain't got a scooby

If its a mk1 all you need to do is tighten the bolt up (the one on the inside of the roof) assuming that is where its leaking from, just get some one to hold on to the ariel while you do it (so that the ariel stays straight)
Getting wet when going round a corner is great fun - not !