ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removing badge....

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat

Whats the most efficient way of removing a badge without messig the paintwork up?

I put on a small laguna sport badge about 3 years ago just above the clio badge and now would like to remove it.

Im not too good at this sorta thing and bound to f**k it up if do it without any instructions..........

Cheers

aaron

Get a hairdryer, heat up for a few mins and just use a bread knife to gently ease it off. Youll feel the glue start letting go of the badge. Easy peas!

i noticed my clio badge was lose yesterday...so i think it may be coming off some time soon...pity cause i quite like it.

I was going to take mine off but i think its held on through the paint work as i saw to spikes under the badge, can anyone confirm this?

Its confusing as 98 models are defintely peel off and on coolclios.com an 02 model has peel off to but i could swear mine isnt!

Rob, how about taking the inside trim panel off and having a look? Im interested in this for my 172, so Im gonna be taking a sneaky look behind the panel on the boot to find out for sure ;)

Well do what i did, start taking the badge of, you can just pop it back in if you think its held on. Im just going to take off 2nite i reckon being the impatient bastid i am, and pop it back if its held on with stupid plugs!

GR7

Shiny red R32

Quote: Originally posted by T.Ferrino on 25 January 2003

What would stick them back on securly as Ive got to take mine off?
Why are you taking it off, if you are going to replace it afterwards?

H22A7 Accord Type R

the day i got mine, brand new car, the plates were off and cut down, the clio badge was half off when i realised there were two holes!!!!!! OOPS lol! bugger innit, would look well clean de-badged

GR,

A previous owner of my car has covered all the badges with some sort of gold coating which looks tacky, its already started to peel off in places so Im going to take them off and try and get the rest off.

i have a mk2 98 model and started to take off the badge but it is clipped into the paint work. if you remove it there will be holes in the body work which is a pain